Seasonal Radiology Assistant AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- Day One Benefits
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
PRN (8p-3:30a) M-F; No weekend coverage is needed working primarily as a patient transport
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Greets patients, family and visitors in a friendly manner using scripted greeting. Transports patients in a safe and efficient manner using proper body mechanics.
- Utilizes Vocera consistently through phone usage.
- Informs patient of their destination. Communicates with Monitor techs and Nursing staff when transporting patients. Identifies patient whereabouts on patient transport logs. Communicate with requesting department of any delays and cancellations.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to effectively and with patients of all ages (neonate/infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics).
- Ensures equipment is clean and functioning properly before/after each transport.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of PPE.
- Maintains a knowledge and understanding of key performance indicators for the department.
- Attends all meetings and seminars as instructed by department director/manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Basic Life Support (CPR)
Under supervision the imaging assistant is to facilitate the movement of patients, visitors, medications and specimens within the hospital while providing a caring and professional atmosphere. The needs and concerns of the patients and visitors are acknowledged by sensing, helping, acknowledging, respecting, and explaining. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.