Requisition Number: DORNI01102
- Operates assigned looms to weave yarn into cloth by walking around their area and monitoring.
- Performs quality checks hourly by monitoring the looms and recording results into the Porini System using QC codes found on the front of each loom.
- Marks cloth with person ID number every hour by using correct marker on the right side of cloth.
- Observes cloth being woven to detect weaving defects by looking for defects such as lint balls, broken threads, misdraws, etc., feeling cloth texture for kinks or rough finish, etc.
- Monitors looms by following defined weaver’s cycle (back – front – back – front – back – front……)
- Examines looms to determine cause of loom stoppage, such as warp, filling, harness breaks, or mechanical defects by observing lights on loom.
- Keys in appropriate declaration in Porini.
- Checks the loom for proper draw-in by comparing to pattern label on loom harness.
- Starts looms and observes weaving to detect exhausted filling packages and mispicks and reverses the loom to remove the short/broken pick(s).
- Ties pieces of yarn to broken ends using a weaver’s knot and threads yarn through drop wires, heddles eyes, and reed dents to repair warp breaks, using reed hook.
- Cuts ends of weaver’s knot after making repairs to the warp using scissors before pulling through the dent.
- Identifies defects on the cloth by writing ID number on the right side and circling it.
- Notifies loom fixer of mechanical defects by completing Flag Sheet as well as entering the breakdown failure in the Porini System.
- Draws in mechanical/moto leno(s).
- Cleans leno device by using brush or air hose to wipe/blow the lint away.
- Threads up feeders/nozzles with yarn.
- Marks defective roll by completing and attaching Defect Form. Enter the shift, the loom number, the defect, operator’s initials, and the date for any defects found on the loom.
- Replaces filling packages on creel by removing empty cones and checking yarn racks for correct yarn packages.
- Replaces filling yarn when supply is low by tying a weaver’s knot from a new cone to the smaller yarn package.
- Inspects yarn packages for defects (such as slubs, waste, grease, etc.) before placing on the creel.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
- Works safely to prevent on the job injuries by wearing proper safety equipment and abiding by company safety rules.
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication
- Prioritization Skills
- Technical Skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. The candidate is frequently exposed to noise, dust and some chemicals, and moving mechanical parts requiring the use of appropriate personal protective equipment including safety glasses, hearing protection and non-skid shoes.
This associate must have good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity and be able to stand for long period of times and walk at a brisk pace. This associate may be required to reach out and overhead with hands and arms, bend, lean and stoop, kneel, step up/down steps frequently, and occasionally lift up to 50 Ibs. The associate must be able to distinguish the difference in the color of cones. The associate must have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Tuesday through Saturday, 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM. Weekends and overtime may be required as job duties demand.
TravelThis position requires little to no travel.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency Certificate preferred.
TenCate Protective Fabrics prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.