The Valley of the Sun YMCA is one of the top 50 YMCA associations in the United States that has transformed its culture, vision and operations in the last 2 years. With 15 branches in Phoenix, Yuma and Flagstaff along with a thriving overnight camp in Prescott. We are fast growing as a $31 million dollar cause-driven organization that is focused on improving the nation's health and well-being and providing opportunities to give back and support our neighbors. If you share a commitment to being a part of a greater movement then a career with the YMCA is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to promote, retain and increase teen programs.
- Oversee and supervise all operations, staff and activities of the teen program.
- Create positive long lastling memories for all teens in program.
- This is not an exhaustive list of job duties. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- A passion for community outreach, teen engagement and prevention.
- YMCA Team Leader Certification preferred.
- Three or more years experience in teen programs, including programs development, volunteer supervision and specialized program areas such as service-learning, group work, drug prevention and youth leadership development.
- Minimum of two years experience managing, budgeting, and reporting on grant funding.
- Bachelor's degree in education, social services, recreation or equivalent experience.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
- 12% Employer Funded Retirement Plan (once eligible)
• Free YMCA Family Membership
• Free Programs for dependents
• Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Paid Vacation & Sick Leave (once accrued)
• Professional Development Opportunities & Trainings
• 403b Retirement Savings Account upon hire
• Employee Assistant Program