TITLE: ENGLISH TEACHER
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by state certification authorities and/or North Central Association
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To guide students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes at designated time unless appropriate Principal/Personnel has been notified.
- Prepares for assigned classes and provides written evidence of preparation that reflect objectives to be achieved.
- Creates an effective classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students within the limits of the resources of the district.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with these goals. Establishes clear objectives and communicates these objectives to students.
- Discerns students' needs, and refers, when appropriate, to school personnel who can best help with their problems.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning academic and behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Plans curriculum in cooperation with administration that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment and facilities.
- Assists administration in developing/implementing policies, rules and regulations.
- Attends and participates in faculty and professional activities.
- Completes reports and other school related paperwork within time and date requested.
- Accepts the responsibility and arrives punctually for activities and duties as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Upgrades professional growth through one or more of the following:
- Professional training courses
- College classes
- Other professional activities
- Maintains appropriate emotional control, physical health and personal appearance.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Principal and/or Superintendent.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.