Please review the job details below.
Maxar Technologies is a leading global provider of advanced space-based technology solutions, delivering unmatched integrated capabilities in Earth imagery, geospatial data, analytics & insights, satellites and robotics. Maxar is developing and sustaining the infrastructure and delivering the insights, services and systems that unlock the promise of space for government and commercial markets. Our customers trust us to solve their most mission-critical challenges with confidence.
Our Sensor Programs team develops specialized, innovative new sources of geospatial data, analytic methods, software and engineering services. Our work transforms how customers support global mapping and intelligence missions at scale, revealing unique information and insights. We contribute to integrated space solutions that solve our customers most complex problems by harnessing and applying disruptive technologies.
We integrate highly talented individuals with backgrounds in engineering, physics and software development, who work together to build solutions for users in the defense and intelligence communities. We solve tough problems and are looking for like-minded individuals to grow our team and address new challenges.
We collaborate on development projects with staff at other company locations, including those in Northern Virginia, Colorado and Florida. We interact routinely with other companies who share our commitment to our customers and their missions. We stay at the edge of science and technology to offer the best ideas and applications. We are well represented within our professional community and respected for our work.
We work at a modern R&D facility near Ann Arbor, Michigan. The city and its surroundings receive consistently high national rankings as a best place to live, with outstanding educational opportunities (K-12 and major universities); a laid-back, college-town vibe, well-suited to all ages and lifestyles; affordable housing; easy commutes; an educated and skilled workforce; numerous high-tech employers; social, cultural and sporting events; and ready access to nearby outdoor recreation, including the rest of Michigan, the Great Lakes, and the Midwest. We enjoy the diversity of a moderate, four-season climate. Our competitive benefits package includes Flexible Time Off, which allows for a healthy work-life balance and the enjoyment of regional amenities and activities.
- Provide algorithm development leadership and expertise to Research and Development teams.
- Analyze, design, develop and test algorithms, demonstrating advanced capabilities and applications.
- Opportunities include statistical signal processing, moving target detection, autofocus, bistatic, deep learning and Automatic Target Recognition (ATR), electronic warfare (EW) and adaptive array processing.
Individuals with interest in any of these or related areas are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a current/active Top Secret clearance.
- Requires one of the following education and experience combinations:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related technology fields and 8 yrs of relevant experience
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math or related technology fields and 5 yrs of relevant experience
- Strong programming skills (C++, C, MATLAB, Python, or similar).
- Current/active TS/SCI clearance.
- Signal and image processing, operational processing definition, system development, and integration and optimization.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.