Patient Access Representative -Full time (No Weekends) Call- Center
Planned Parenthood of Michigan
Under general supervision, uses specialized knowledge of Planned Parenthood of Michigan’s (PPMI) reproductive healthcare services to provide professional, efficient, and customer focused service in support of the “Care, No Matter What” mission. Incumbent creates a positive first impression by providing knowledgeable answers to questions and directs callers appropriately.
Schedule: Monday - Friday (No Weekends) 9:00AM to 5:00PM
*Spanish speaking preferred but not required*
Hourly Wage $13.75
Just a few of the Benefits enjoyed by PPMI employees…
-Company subsidized premiums on Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
-Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
-403b with employer matching
-100% company-paid Life Insurance
-100% company-paid Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
-Robust Employee Assistance Program
-Flexible Spending Accounts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule appointment times in accordance with health center standards and appointment guidelines.
- Provide clients with service and center-specific guidelines and instructions for health center visits.
- Educate clients about services, funding sources and fees.
- Conduct accurate fee assessment to determine payer source and eligibility for funding: private insurance, Medicaid plans, Title X, and other grant programs. Inform patients of financial responsibility, what to bring, and payment methods.
- Collect insurance information and verify coverage in collaboration with billing department.
- Re-direct medical calls/questions to appropriate medical personnel.
- Maintain patient records, checking for completeness, errors, and signatures and enter in appropriate systems.
- Ensure clients are advised of follow up needs per alert notes in the practice management and electronic medical record application systems.
- Effectively handle on-line appointment requests and collect follow up data as directed.
- Routinely provide appointment reminders via phone, text, or email per patient’s preference.
- Refer patients to other providers for services that are out of PPMI’s scope.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity and a nonjudgmental manner in dealing with sexuality and sensitive client issues.
- Maintains currency in professional and effective customer service and call center operation techniques.
- Maintains currency in reproductive healthcare services and programs in order to answer questions and direct calls appropriately.
- Meet daily, weekly and monthly call center performance goals in respect to volume, metrics and service levels and quality.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- High School Diploma
- One year of health care and/or call center experience required; family planning or reproductive health experience preferred. Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Please submit resume
- *Spanish speaking preferred but not required*
Planned Parenthood of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace.