**Proof of Covid-19 vaccination required**
Job Title: Chief Pilot
Department: Flight Operations
Reports To: Vice President of Flight Operations / Director of Operations
Manage and direct the day-to-day functions of all pilots in the service of Kalitta Air, LLC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all flight crew members adhere to Kalitta’s policy and procedures to provide an exceptional customer experience with the highest level of safety.
- Oversee the Electronic Flight Bag Program, ensuring that all documents and publications are relevant and up to date. Prepare and distribute applicable crewmember instructions, bulletins, and manual information.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure regulatory compliance with the FAA, ICAO, and EASA.
- Maintain an adequate roster of qualified, current, and available pilots to meet the company requirements at all times.
- Assist the Vice President of Flight Operations / Director of Operations as necessary. Act on his/her behalf when required by regulation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience as a Check Airman, Assistant Chief Pilot, Chief Pilot, Fleet Manager, or Director of Operations at a FAR 121/135 carrier preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management or a related field preferred.
- Previous Boeing aircraft operating experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully complete Kalitta Air’s Captain upgrade program on one of the following airframes B747, B767, or B777.
Ability to read, write and understand spoken and written English. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- FAA Multi-Engine Airline Transport Certificate or Restricted Multi-Engine Airline Pilot Certificate
- 2500+ hours of total time minimum. 4000 hours preferred
- If Military: >1000 hrs. Total Time. Turbine and PIC are flexible.
- 1500 turbine (Jet) flight time minimum
- 500 PIC turbine (Jet) flight time minimum
- Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
- FCC Radio License
- No restrictions on International Travel
- Current US Passport
- Ability to pass a 10-year security background check and pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to walk up or downstairs.
- The ability to work in a confined area for long periods.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
The employee will perform duties in an office environment and be a line-qualified pilot working both inside and outside of the cockpit in a wide variety of meteorological conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call (734) 544-7010. Please include your contact information and details about posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen