Project Engineer- IA
RG Group is a growing family-owned business that has been providing trusted expertise in the fluid handling and motion control industry for over 65 years. As a family-owned business, we encourage a culture where associates feel cared for and valued. To foster a team-oriented, engaged, and productive work environment, RG Group makes every effort to provide ongoing learning and career advancement opportunities, competitive pay and benefits, and flexible work schedules.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Educational Assistance Reimbursement
- Ongoing paid training and certification opportunities
- 401k & Matching
- Company Sponsored Social Events
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about RG Group and watch interviews with RG Group associates at https://www.rg-group.com/careers
Responsible for engineering, development, deployment, and support of autonomous mobile robotics solutions. Requires the ability to understand customer requirements and work creatively as part of an engineering team to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work with Sales Team to clearly define customer requirements and lead effort to develop creative solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert for the company and our customers in the field of mobile robotics automation and integration. This includes pre and post-sales support, leading demonstrations, training events and seminars.
- Take ownership of robotics and automation integration projects, as the technical resource in the company. Lead cross functionally in a team environment to deliver projects that meet customer requirements on time and in budget.
- Become proficient technical resource with all products in the RG Group’s automation family and provide application support as required.
- Continue to develop and grow as an expert in the field. Includes willingness to pursue advanced degrees and industry recognized certifications.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 3-5+ years’ experience working on or around robotics, controls and/or automated systems (Robotics, Cobots, Autonomous Mobil Robots, PLCs, HMIs, sensors, and transducers) required.
- Desire to continue education and training in field of expertise required.
- Firm understanding of principles and troubleshooting of electrical circuits is required.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics is preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD (SolidWorks or equivalent) and 2D CAD (AutoCAD or equivalent) software.
- Able to structure time to work towards deadlines in an organized fashion
- Ability to estimate material and labor costs for proposals
- Ability to write proposals and technical reports required.
- Demonstrates good written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously required.
- Office and laboratory environment with oversight work in manufacturing environment.
- Some regional travel is required, mostly by car – license and good driving record required
- Travel requirement estimated at 25% to 35%.
- Air travel may be required
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Electromechanical or equivalent.
The greatest of the RG Group’s resources is our associates. Dedicated, intelligent and entrepreneurial team members are empowered with the authority to make decisions they believe will add value to our company as well as the customers and manufacturers we serve. Appropriately, RG Group’s benefit and compensation package rewards associates for their individual and collective contributions.
RG Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.