1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: In this business critical role, you will take the lead in providing direction to all outsourced and contract logistics operations managing activities that includes anticipated key customer needs, offering process improvement strategies, improving the profitability of the T&L operations, budget preparation/contract negotiations and performance reviews.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Design, Lead, Plan and Implement 4PL and outsourced logistics procedures to improve efficiency and operational excellence within transportation, warehousing, distribution and logistics – by reviewing and continuously analyzing the related processes and KPI’s
- Actively find value creation opportunities within the outsourced T&L processes (booking, shipping, consolidation, distribution network, warehousing operations etc.) together with internal and external stakeholders
- Establish realistic long-term / short term goals and objectives that create real value for Xylem within this segment on a global scale
- Establish, maintain and develop KPI dashboards to support the end to end visibility in the supply chain
- Set up and monitor corrective action plans together with local / regional logistics & operational managers
- Drive and lead outsourced logistics & warehousing negotiations and implementations together with internal and external key stakeholders – own the related agreements and costs
- Establish close and open relationships with internal stakeholders and work as part of internal teams to enhance processes and identify development opportunities to drive the cost efficiency of the T&L operations and related processes
- Drive sustainability and diversity within the supplier network and operations
- Be the primary liaison as it relates to outsourced logistics between the third party, T&L team, local sites and any other related functions at Xylem.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of a BS or BA degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations
- CPSM, CPM or CSCP certification highly desired
- 5 years’ experience in a Supply Management organization performing strategic category/commodity management, supplier relationship management, contract management, negotiating complex purchases, and bidding (RFQ/RFP)
- Be proficient in management, communication, organization and planning techniques
- Possess knowledge in T&L related processes and best practices and have functional and technical knowledge of the transportation and logistics function
- Be proficient with recent IT & automation tools (TMS, WMS, ERP and S&OP platforms)
- Possess similar related working experience for at least 5 years in hectic global manufacturing environment leading 4PL operations and warehousing/distribution operations
- Strong communication skills
- Able to travel regionally and globally as required by the business
- Prior experience working in a matrix environment - strong ability to successfully lead, persuade and influence all levels of personnel (including senior leadership) across the organization.
- Passion for Supply Management as well as a strong drive and ambition to identify and initiate year-over-year improvements. Proven strategic category or commodity management with demonstrated cost reduction and supply base rationalization experience.
- Green Belt / Black Belt / Lean / Six Sigma or other Continuous Training a plus
- This role must be able to understand complex logistics flows, lead development projects and logistics optimization tasks globally. Will plan and manage contract negotiations with related T&L suppliers in this field together with key stakeholders (internal & external).
- This role contribute to the ongoing improvement of the managed processes in cooperation with the service-quality monitoring and organizing proper follow up with internal stakeholders and clients in close co-operation of the nominated T&L suppliers keeping in mind the continuous improvements in the end to end supply chain and by market related costs.
- Manage the relationship with the sites, T&L team and third party logistics to ensure smooth operations and drive change management
- From an operational standpoint, the person has to able to organize how the regional and global teams operate in order to ensure:
- The steering of operations to resolve priority incidents and any escalations in possible crisis management
- The monitoring of incidents, changes and problems
- Proper communication produced by the team
- The proper performance levels required by the business
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**