Tyler Technologies continues to grow our development teams in order to deliver quality products to our clients. Tyler Technologies is the largest software company in the nation solely focused on providing integrated software and technology services to the public sector — cities, counties, states and school districts.
We are hiring developers who will help us meet the needs of our clients and our strategic objectives.
If you are looking for challenging and meaningful work that directly impacts our clients and communities, we offer a dynamic environment where employees collaborate on engaged and innovative teams. With more than 4,000 employees (and growing), Tyler has a 50-year track record of developing our people's careers while supporting strong work-life balances. Tyler encourages employees to think outside of the box, stay curious, build on their skills and be the drivers of their careers.
- Contribute through all phases of the software development lifecycle, including research, design, analysis, requirements, implementation, test automation, and maintenance.
- Assure program, module, and system integrity through thorough testing and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform process testing.
- Development of technical specifications and plans.
- Make good technical decisions that provide solutions to business challenges.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Provide comprehensive support to internal and external customers.
- Position assumes a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or comparable work experience.
- 2+ years of software design and development experience with conventional technologies.
- Experience with data modeling tools and web services is beneficial.
- API development/integration is a plus.
- Strong development fundamentals, from analysis through testing and documentation.
- Experience with relational database development and administration with moderate level SQL proficiency.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Superior communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills