The Automation Engineer has primary responsibility for developing software tests. The Automation Engineer works closely with QA Analysts to develop test automation scripts targeted at specific software application functions.
- Design, implement and execute test cases based on product functional specifications.
- Develop, implement and maintain test automation scripts using automation tools.
- Develop solid test automation framework.
- Analyze software issues to determine root causes and provide detailed reports to the QA
- Manager and Software Engineers.
- Conduct thorough and accurate software testing and provide approvals during development sprints, integration, release, regression and patch software development phases; document results.
- Perform comprehensive testing and validate that program modules meet specifications and
- standards; this involves interviewing multiple parties to design effective test solutions.
- Create and maintain test plans and test cases for all testing assignments typically of moderate complexity.
- Participate in agile scrum meetings to gain and apply knowledge of feature requirements,
- system operation, and ensure new feature stories have appropriate test criteria defined.
- Review and edit regression test case scripts.
- Document and execute black box, exploratory/heuristic, end-to-end, and any other testing approaches necessary to ensure effective product test coverage.
- Work with Product Analysts, Product Managers and other relevant parties to design and document test cases for new and existing product features within Tyler’s software application.
- Assist product development in the design of acceptance test criteria for new product feature stories.
- Validate written documentation for accuracy and completion.
- Leverage risk based analysis and to identify manual test cases for test automation.
- Execute automated test scripts and evaluate results; assist with automation script maintenance.
- Identify and document software defects in the issue-tracking system and proactively
- communicate with software developers and other relevant parties.
- Adhere to and assist senior team members and/or leadership in the development of standards and procedures.
- May assist in the training of other team members and new QA staff when new processes are introduced to help ensure consistency throughout the department.
- Occasional travel may occur.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two or more years of experience in software quality assurance/testing or related experience including but not limited to writing and executing on test cases, test scripts and plans
- Previous experience developing automated tests using coding languages (such as C#) required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills involving comprehensive research and fact finding along with effective root cause analysis, sound decision making and effective resolutions.
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the full software development lifecycle and associated methodologies is required
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organizational skills involving the ability to manage multiple work streams effectively.
- Strong time management skills with proven track record of delivering successful results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving communicating technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Solid knowledge and experience with relational databases including solid knowledge and understanding of SQL and queries.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team as well as across functional groups.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Agile SCRUM development processes.
- Must be able to travel occasional if requested