Requisition Number: PROCU01278
As the Procurement Specialist, you are responsible for the daily activities associated with fiber procurement, and the communication with external suppliers and internal departments across Unifi. Your responsibilities include supply issue resolution, scheduling of deliveries, monitoring of inventory, and order quantities. You will serve as a liaison between suppliers and internal departments.
How you will play an integral role?
- Manage inventory against target levels
- Review and research Aged inventory, make recommendations for disposition
- Project/Forecast raw material needs based on demand projections
- Review system demand reports, determine if any adjustments to raw material orders are needed; communicate those changes to suppliers as well as internal Unifi personnel in traffic, planning, and manufacturing as appropriate
- Inform Planning, Customer Service, Sales, QA, R & D, and Manufacturing on any changes in production, supplier deliveries, and issues with the raw material schedule
- Qualify new raw materials for the Repreve Recycling Center
- Monitor Fiber, Flake and Repreve Recycling Center chip inventory
- Where necessary, negotiate raw material pricing
- Establish and maintain good supplier relationships
- Escalate supply and/or supplier issues that may adversely affect scheduled production
- Lead the ISO certification requirements as it pertains to supplier compliance
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Manage purchase orders/internal requisitions, and arrange delivery of raw materials ordered
- Create new raw yarn items and update Procure cost in Oracle
- Review and monitor Purchase Price Variance monthly and adjust procure cost
- Manage the RTS sample system for Procurement and place/track orders for any samples requested
What is essential for success?
- Communication skills – you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills to successfully interact at all levels of the organization and with our external customer base
- Team coordination – you possess a positive, team driven mindset, with strong collaboration skills. Able to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions.
- Results-driven – you demonstrate proven results in the area of supply chain management where deliverable results impact the bottom line
- Autonomy – you are a self-starter, with a high sense of urgency in order to meet deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
Are you qualified for the position?
- Two-year degree preferred
- Planning/Procurement or Manufacturing experience preferred
- Negotiation skills preferred
- Supply chain planning preferred
- Basic Oracle 11i functions
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills highly preferred
- MS Office applications
Have we mentioned our impressive benefits?
- Competitive pay
- Referral Bonus Program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Free on-site health clinics
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) with generous match
- And more!
Partner with Unifi Manufacturing and be a part of our extraordinary team!
The innovation that drives our company makes a difference in the world. That’s why we look for self-starters who believe they can make a difference for our company. We look for amazing skills, diverse perspectives, an inventive spirit and a never-say-die attitude. Whether our people make their impact on the front lines with customers, in the manufacturing plant, in distribution, product development, marketing or business management, we’re all here to help our partners win in the marketplace. That’s how we succeed.
Unifi Manufacturing, Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace. A background check will be conducted for this position.