Could you be our next Scientific/Research Communications Specialist at Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR)?
Why work as a Scientific/Research Communications Specialist with Main Line Health?
- Make an Impact! The Scientific/ Research Communications Specialist, under the direction of the LIMR President, is responsible for the managing, writing and editing for LIMR’s publications as well as publicizing the Institute’s mission and accomplishments to internal and external audiences. The medical research entity employs over 80 FTEs within MLH. This Communications Specialist is responsible for locating private and public grant funding opportunities for LIMR researchers and conveying that information to them on a regular basis; should be able to quickly comprehend scientific subject matter and nature of science and technical writing; interprets and conveys these concepts to consumer and scientific audiences.
- Develop and Grow your Career! Invest in furthering your education through seeking certifications or advanced degrees by taking advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement! This position is eligible for up to $6,000 per year of tuition reimbursement based upon your Full or Part Time status.
- Get Involved! This position supports the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research. Join an organization where the research is at the leading edge of today’s immunotherapy revolution in health care. The faculty members conduct basic, preclinical and clinical research seeking to improve disease detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention.
- Join the Team! Like our patients, the Main Line Health Family encompasses a wide range of backgrounds and abilities. Just as each of our patients requires a personalized care plan, each of our employees, physicians, and volunteers, bring distinctive talents to Main Line Health. Regardless of our unique design, we all share a purpose: providing superior service and care.
- Position-Specific Benefits include: You are eligible for up to 200 hours of paid time off per year based on your Full or Part Time status. We also offer a number of employee discounts to various activities, services, and vendors... And employee parking is always free!
Position: Scientific/Research Communications Specialist
Shift: Day Shift- Salaried
- A minimum five years of public relations/marketing experience is required.
- Preferred work experience in the Scientific and Research Environment
- Experience in health care and research environments, understanding of the culture of these institutions, and ability to comprehend and convey scientific subject matter.
- Excellent writing, communications, and interpersonal skills and working knowledge of publication development and production required.
Bachelor’s degree from recognized college or university is required, preferably in the field of Communications, Journalism or Marketing. Master’s degree preferred.