Under general supervision follows standard operating procedures for all patient registration activities including patient reception, face-to-face check in and check out, preregistration, insurance verification, cash collections, chart reconciliation and patient discharge. Actively contributes to an organizational culture committed to the highest degree of service excellence standards to all customer groups.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Required to perform calculations, complete forms, extensively utilize computer information system.
- Familiarity with clinic environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed information.
- Requires interpersonal skills to deal effectively both over the telephone and in person with patients, visitors, medical staff, and other clinic and/or hospital personnel.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks in a timely manner to meet clinic staff and patient needs.
- Ability to discuss with patients their general financial responsibilities and connect the patient with the Customer Service Center at the Corporate Business Office.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work within a team setting and be supportive of team members.
- Successful completion of yearly competencies.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., knowledgeable opening software/email, navigate on keyboard, logging in and out of computer).
- Ability to work effectively with populations of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Dependable and punctual.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.