Currently Recruiting for: North Antelope Rochelle Mine (NARM)-Maintenance Director
Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) is the world's largest private-sector coal company & a global leader in sustainable mining & clean coal solutions. The company serves metallurgical & thermal coal customers in nearly 30 countries on six continents. Peabody's global platform reaches six continents & creates a strategic advantage.
Peabody marked many notable accomplishments in 2017:
Employees achieved the best safety performance in Peabody's history, including record results in Australia & a U.S. incidence rate that is 66 percent better than the industry average; shipped record U.S. export volumes, & continued to advance rail & port strategies to reach the growing seaborne coal market; & Peabody has earned more than 80 awards since 2013 for safety, environmental & corporate excellence, including the Platts Global Energy Award for Coal Commodity Excellence, two of the U.S. Department of the Interior's highest environmental honors, recognition for the company's acquisition from the finance sector & a Top 200 Company designation from Better Investing.
Peabody is committed to attracting & retaining top talent. Peabody strives to achieve its mission by providing our employees with an empowered, collaborative work environment based on mutual trust & respect that emphasizes safe working conditions, rewards continuous improvement, innovation & creativity, & provides opportunities for job satisfaction & career advancement. If you thrive in an environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving & customer satisfaction, consider a career with Peabody.
The Maintenance Director will effectively manage the NARM rolling stock & truck maintenance departments to ensure safe maintenance operations & superior rolling stock & truck availability. Will also effectively manage the plant operations department to ensure safe operations & superior train loading. Specific responsibilities include:
Plan, direct & control maintenance activities for all rolling stock, truck shop, & plant including budgets, staffing, scheduling, facility management, & strategic planning. Responsible for approximately a $150 million budget. Develop & maintain preventative & predictive maintenance programs. Direct maintenance teams in maintaining & improving overall mine efficiency & profitability through improved performance & equipment availability for approximately 300 pieces of mobile equipment. Manage & coordinate the duties of all department employees including performance management, skills enhancement, & talent development. Perform necessary engineering design activities as necessary. Initiate continuous improvement projects; coordinate with other departments, corporate personnel & external suppliers as necessary. Initiate, manage & terminate outside services support as needed. Practice & promote company philosophy of teamwork by contributing in crew/staff meetings; maintaining good working relationship with supervisors & co-workers; maintaining positive attitude towards learning, readily accepting job assignments; & setting & maintaining crew's/team's pace. Accountable for over 300 employees.
- Must work safely and promote safe behavior in others
- BS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related field. Relevant work experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree will be considered.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years of progressive mine maintenance leadership including crew supervision and department management.
- A strong personal commitment to safety and the ability to promote safe behavior in others are required.
- 10 years experience in mining and/or maintenance preferred. Candidates with a degree in electrical or mechanical engineering may be considered with less than 10 years experience.
- Experience managing the maintenance operations of surface mining equipment.
- Strong experience with predictive and preventative maintenance systems required.
- Ensure equipment availability meets production requirement through regular and continuing maintenance of all rolling stock equipment and trucks.
- Must have demonstrated experience successfully managing budgets.
- Work a flexible schedule required to meet the demands of the job.
- Other duties as assigned by the company
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all weather conditions
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
- In outside weather conditions; Near moving mechanical parts; May be exposed to dusty, wet and/or humid conditions and vibration ; Occasionally works at heights and may be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock and noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. The company may require a pre-employment examination by competent professionals to evaluate a person's ability to perform the essential functions. Candidates for employment are subject to the company's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, including pre-employment, for cause, post accident and random testing. Peabody Energy actively promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace. Peabody only accepts resumes for positions posted on the Peabody Career Info site.