Residential Counselor (Central Massachusetts)
Open Sky is offering a $2,000 sign on/stay on bonus for all Direct Care positions! This is a great opportunity to start a career in human services!
Open Sky is committed to being the employer of choice in Central Massachusetts and is dedicated to support employees throughout their career. New employees will receive a $2,000 bonus, paid throughout their first 6 months! Apply today to speak with a recruiter about the details.
Open Sky Community Services is a human service organization that specializes in behavioral health, developmental/intellectual disability services, substance use disorders, long-term housing and justice involved programming. Open Sky offers a unique and person-centered approach to care and is dedicated to pioneering new practices to maintain the highest standards of support for every individual receiving services.
Blending evidence-based practices and the power of community, Open Sky partners with individuals to see beyond and live beyond perceived limitations to lead fulfilling lives. When you join the Open Sky team and focus on the empowerment of others, we make sure to focus on you!
- Excellent training and supervision (both individual and group)
- Career Pathing and development
- Opportunities for advancement
- Generous tuition reimbursement program- enhanced for the 2021/2022 school year!
- Eligible employer for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Full reimbursement for CNA certifications and a variety of Human Service certifications
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Generous time off, up to 27 days off in your first year!
The Residential Counselor supports individuals with mental health disabilities live as independently as possible, while providing guidance and performing various levels of assisted daily living skills. Counselors act as strong advocates for individuals served, believe in the power of community and importance of community integration.
In addition, Residential Counselors will:
- Implement all procedures that ensure the health, safety, and well-being of individuals and general cleanliness and safety of the physical site.
- Assist individuals to access and/or provide transportation.
- Review and complete all required documentation.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities or strong desire to learn.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED/HiSET.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word.
- CPR, First Aid, MAP (Medication Administration Program) and SOLVE (Strategies of Limiting Violent Episodes) certified or certifiable. Open Sky Community Services provides all required trainings.
Open Sky celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or disabled veteran status.