At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 202416
Title: Registered Nurse
Department: Renal Dialysis
Posting Date: March 12, 2020
Hours: 25 hours
Shift Length: 10 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Monday through Saturday, weekend and call requirements. Holiday rotation.
Hemodialysis experience required - CDN preferred.
Position Summary:Responsible for the planning, delivery and management of direct patient care utilizing the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice.
- Utilizes the Nursing Process for the delivery and management of patient’s care from Admission to Discharge, appropriate to the developmental age of the patient population.
- Performs patient assessment/reassessment according to standard procedure.
- Develops and coordinates individual plan of care including discharge planning.
- Directs, supervises, coordinates and evaluate nursing care within assigned clinical setting.
- Delegates appropriately to others in accordance with job description and competency level.
Required:Current Massachusetts Nursing licensure and registration required. BLS is a requirement for every RN. In addition, unit specific certifications and competencies are defined in the Unit Profile.
Required:Thorough knowledge of the discipline of Nursing.
Preferred:Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing highly preferred.
Standards of Respect:We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.