This position works directly with the District Manager to
build, coach, develop, lead and motivate a strong branch team utilizing a
consultative sales approach. Ensures a consistent superior customer experience
through cultivating a customer centric retail environment focused on
identifying and providing team based solutions for customers financial needs.
Accountable for partnering with and referring business to
all business partners including but not limited to Business Banking,
Commercial, Cash Management, Mortgage, Wealth Management and Home Equity.
Fosters and nurtures a climate of teamwork and actively participates in
cross-functional projects and respond to Internal Business Partners in an
efficient and courteous manner.
the direction of the District Manager, directs, and manages all aspects of
branch operations for assigned branches.
Creates a positive, motivating environment in which employees can
fulfill our customer promise to exceed their expectations.
Cultivates sales opportunities through networking,
relationship building, digital networking and outside business calls.
Participates in local community events and is highly visible within your branch
market place. Acts as an ambassador of
the bank by actively promoting the bank through CRA activities and community
involvement. Becomes an active member of a key business non-profit organization
in your Regional market area.
- Setsthe sales and service standards in the branch and ensures that employeesare well trained and motivated toward achieving these standards using a needsbased consultative sales approach.Meets or exceeds all customer experience, sales,operational/compliance and financial goals through effective skills andresults coaching.
- Cultivatessales opportunities through relationship building and outside business salescalls with a minimum of 1 call with each Branch Manager in his/her region perquarter. Provides Branch Manager withbalanced feedback based on objectives learned in Clarity Small BusinessTraining.
- Addresscustomer issues and provides follow through to ensure resolution. Strives toachieve a 6.5 or higher performance on the Quality Loop customer survey programwhile achieving 80% or higher on customer greeting.
- Performsin a climate of teamwork and demonstrates a willingness to participate in cross-functionalprojects and respond to Internal Business Partners in an efficient andcourteous manner. Expresses a genuinedesire to work as a team, as opposed to working separately or competitively,and encourages others to do the same.
- Promotesbusiness loans, consumer credit cards, home equity, mortgage loans and wealthmanagement business in the Region.Encourage and converse knowledgeably with his/her Direct Reports aboutthese and other loan services. Maintainsa strong knowledge regarding all bank products and processes transactionsaccurately. Builds strong relationshipsbetween branch staff and our business partners.
- Responsiblefor meeting financial targets for District Contribution and participate inbudgeting process for this goal. Measure efficiency of network & staffing.Test new branch designs when required.
- Directsand provides oversight of all aspects of Branch Operations, including but notlimited to all security, compliance, and retail banking policies andprocedures. Ensures branch staff adheres to the policies and procedures whileprocessing transactions, providing information, and balancing. Communicates changes to policies andprocedures to all branch managers in his/her region. Provide leadership in theregion ensuring key corporate messages in branding and our promises are beingadhered to by each Branch team.
- Selectsand develops quality employees. Supervises, motivates, and trains branchstaff. Provides monthly Omega salescoaching. Sets a good example and inspires confidence, respect, and loyaltyamong branch staff.
- EnsureBranch Managers have strong business skills to enhance their success inachieving their business goals.
- Shows awillingness to accept added duties and responsibilities as required from timeto time by management.
- Demonstrates andpromotes high ethical standards and behaviors.Respects, promotes, and values diversity.
- Demonstratesthe ability to develop key COIâs while demonstrating effective business callingskills and strong ability to network and generate referrals throughexisting clients as well as leveraging traditional and digital networkingopportunities such as BNI, Chamber, LinkedIn, etc.
- Workingwith Direct Reports and branch teams to maintain the operational integrityof the branch. Ensures propercontrols are maintained over all branch operational processes andregulatory requirements including Security, Compliance, and Retail BankingPolicy & Procedures.Communicates new and/or changes to policies and procedures tobranch teams under his/her supervision while effectively managingcontrollable income and expense results versus budget.
- Ensurethat his/her branch teams demonstrates technology and self-servicechannels with new and existing customers by promoting ATM, online bankingand mobile banking alternatives.*
- Proficientlydemonstrates and actively fosters a âHigh Tech, High Touchâ environmentwith the branch team by promoting the banks technology and self-servicechannels.
- Proactivelyidentify, report and resolve customer issues to ensure a positive customerexperience from the identification of a customer issue through resolutionand actively promotes programs that solidify the customer relationship.
- Selectsand develops quality employees.Develop branch staff through observational coaching sessions, jointsales calls where applicable, using the coaching models, defined salesactivities, and consultative customer sales tools. Leads by example and inspiresconfidence, respect, and loyalty and ensures a positive team environmentamong staff.
- Demonstratesour core values and ensures the delivery of our core customerpromises. Respects, promotes, andvalues diversity and works within a flexible, six or seven day work weekas customer needs dictate.
- Displaya high level of professionalism, adhere to dress code policy, treat allpeople with dignity and respect, and perform in an ethical manner in alltransactions and interactions
- Assumesadditional responsibilities as assigned by Senior Management.
normal“>*Rockland Trust employees are required to utilize Rockland Trust
products and services including mobile solutions, bill pay and online banking
in order to understand and promote their benefits. A Rockland Trust account
with a minimum positive balance is required for demonstration purposes.
Position requires a college degree in business or finance,
or equivalent experience. Must possess
outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Requires strong leadership ability and a
minimum of 5 years of previous retail banking or retail sales management
experience. A thorough understanding
around the requirements for a successful sales and service organization is
essential. Must possess a desire to help
or serve both internal and external customers to understand and meet their financial
- Extensive workingknowledge and documented experience driving business results within theWorcester market and surrounding communities.
- Exceptional ability tobreak into new markets and build brand awareness and a strong book ofbusiness in de novo markets where applicable.
- Strive to have yourRegional Branches profitable as measured by the Branch ContributionPerformance measurement report produced by the RTC Treasury Department
- Ability to maintainoperational integrity in the most complex retail banking environments
- Identifies, recruits,hires and motivates appropriate staff needed to consistently deliver ourvalue propositions as well as financial results.
- Manage and grow existingbranch locations designated as Business Hub with extensive existing booksof business for consumer and business households.
- Support independentoutbound calling skills by your branch teams with an emphasis on prospectcalling. Demonstrate the ability to be a true advisor to a large existingbase of businesses, and proven ability to network within a dense businesscommunity and build a strong book of business.
- Established CommunityLeader with strong COI contacts and demonstrated ability to develop arobust business referral network
- Applicants must have agenuine true desire to work with customers and staff in a caring andempathetic way, with a positive approach to interactions with customersand team members.
- Ability to generate strongbrand awareness though regular involvement and high visibility within thecommunity
- Totalknowledge of all Bank products and services, operational and complianceprocedures
- Meetor exceed established business plans and contribution goals for the coveredregion
- Maintainsa sales and service environment
- Overseesstaffing and ensures it is efficient and effective
- Workswith Business Partners & District Manager to grow market share in thecovered region
- Overseesbranch customer retention plan
- Meets with direct reports regularly and acts ascoach and mentor
- Demonstrates the ability to generate salesexcitement
- Tracks, documents, and reports sales performanceboth for your branch and your region
- Manages salary administration, promotions ofstaff and disciplinary actions needed to comply with our Bank policies andprocedure
- Demonstrates leadership in sales and servicebranch production
- Resolves customer inquiries/problems in aneffective, timely manner
- Punctual, reliable, professional
- Encourages branch manager and employee involvement in the covered regionâs community
- Values and promotes diversity and inclusion
Our goal is to offer
our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to
provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment
that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive
compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental
Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance,
Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate
programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust
you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the
chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.