https://media.glassdoor.com/eep/122082/Everyone_Is_a_Caregiver.jpg“ width=““1000”“ height=““100”“ alt=“Everyone is a Caregiver“ />
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 201163
Title: Philanthropy Database Administrator
Department: Office of Philanthropy
Posting Date: Dec 3, 2019
Hours: 40 hours
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center
Responsible for managing all donor information systems for the Office of Philanthropy. This includes reporting and analysis of data, gift processing and acknowledgments, as well as managing data import and data entry, data extraction, data quality initiatives, and other related activities. Acts as the lead contact for data analytics, working with key staff and stakeholders across UMass Memorial Health Care (UMMHC).
Systems and Database Management
- Manages all aspects of the fundraising and donor management database including data integrity, updates and modifications.
- Develops effective and efficient systems to manage data connections and transfers between fundraising and donor management database and other UMMHC systems.
- Manages processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, and stock transfer.
- Strategizes and manages implementation of data enrichment services, determining the best use of fundraising and donor management software features to accomplish the goals of the Office of Philanthropy.
- Manages vendor relationships to support development operations.
- Enters gifts into database with appropriate coding and packaging.
- Produces and edits acknowledgement letters/tax receipts applying knowledge of practical tax receipting protocol.
- Generates pledge reminders and invoices.
- Batches all cash, checks, and credit card donations to Finance in a timely basis.
- Manages the month-end process, trouble-shooting and auditing data to ensure the smooth transfer of data to Finance. Performs monthly reconciliation report and reviews with Finance.
Reporting and Other Functions:
- Develops standard and ad hoc reports. Manages the regular distribution of data, including daily revenue reports.
- Produces queries, reports, lists needed by philanthropy staff as needed for mailings, events, and moves management.
- Creates custom “dashboards” for philanthropy staff which demonstrate revenue progress in real-time to manage tasks and actions.
- Works evenings or weekend special events as needed.
- Trains staffs and interns on relevant database systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 3-4 years fundraising database management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills required in order to proofread acknowledgment letters and communicate directly with donors via email or phone.
- Possession of pleasant and collaborative style in the workplace including professional attitude, attention to detail, dependability and initiative.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sense of pride in effectively managing databases and passion for helping donors.
- Raiser’s Edge experience.
Standards of Respect:https://media.glassdoor.com/l/26/64/da/8e/our-standards-of-respect.jpg“ width=“600“ height=“25“ alt=“Standards of Respect“ />We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.