EATS Clinician*** Sign on Bonus Offered***- Detox
***Sign on Bonus Offered for this position!!***
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Clinician in Worcester, MA.
Thayer Detox is an acute, intensive, inpatient treatment program for men and women 18 and older who suffer from substance use disorders. The program provides individual comprehensive case management services to each client along with at least four treatment groups per day, run by all team members (residential counselors/recovery specialists, case managers, clinicians, nurses).
Detox also offers Enhanced Acute Treatment Services (EATS) to support individuals also dealing with active symptoms of a mental illness. Services for these clients include daily individual counseling as well as a psychiatric consultation with an MD or NP.
The EATS Clinician provides support to clients who are struggling with a co-occurring disorder. The EATS Clinician will formulate an assessment and treatment plan within 24 hours to best help support clients while at this level of care. They also provide individual and group counseling and coordinate with case management on a client centered aftercare plan
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
Weekly clinical supervision to meet clinical licensing requirements
- Provides direct clinical treatment to incoming clients referred from emergency departments, emergency service providers, and clients referred as step downs from inpatient hospitalization
- Reviews referrals from detox case management and nursing for higher level of care.
- Diagnostic evaluations and screenings
- Crisis/emergency assessment and intervention
- Treatment planning and assessment
- Collaborating with outside mental health providers
- Ensures EATS clients are provided with psychological symptom checklists daily.
- Reviews psychological symptom checklists daily and provides individual counseling when indicated.
- Provides dual diagnosis educational / check in group daily.
- Collaborates with Case Managers and Clinical Supervisor to develop treatment / aftercare plans and coordinate psychiatric appointments.
- Works closely with payers for authorization, extension requests and appeals in a timely manner.
- Maintains awareness of payer's ongoing utilization requirements to ensure clients receive appropriate services and program reimbursement for services rendered.
- Maintains client records (Chart Reviews).
- Ensures that all referred clients receive evaluations / assessments in a timely manner, ensure proper level of care, and maintain adequate census.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 7- Clinician III: Masters degree in a clinical course of study in behavioral health (social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, counseling or related field) that meet the academic requirements for independent licensure in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or mental health counseling in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Requires licensure as LMHC, LCSW, LMFT, or is actively working towards licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Grade 8- Clinician IV: Masters degree in a clinical course of study (social work, psychology, counseling or related field) and LICSW licensure or licensed Psychologist
- Experience treating a dually diagnosed population.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.