https://media.glassdoor.com/eep/122082/Everyone_Is_a_Caregiver.jpg“ />At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 200785
Title: Catering Associate
Department: Food Services
Posting Date: November 21, 2019
Hours: 40 hours
3 12hr days and 1 6hr day
Shift Length: 12 hours
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Typical hours- 12 hour shifts (6:30am-6:30pm)
Position Summary:Performs duties to ensure accurate and timely patient meal services, including menu selection, tray assembly, and delivery of food to assigned patients. Serves as liaison between patients, Nursing unit, Dietitians, Food Service staff and Food Service Management in the communication of patient special requests, issues, and concerns. Works as a cooperative team member in support of the established goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
- Utilizes computerized menu planning system to generate current diet order lists. Verifies for accuracy with unit charge nurse and/or other designee.
- Responsible for completing the menu rounds process for assigned patients to communicate menu system and record menu choices in a timely and efficient manner. Adjusts menus accordingly for modified diets. Reviews individual diet prescriptions with patients, as applicable. Informs patients regarding appropriate food alternatives/options as necessary due to dietary restrictions.
- Communicates patient special requests or issues to Nursing, Dietitians, other Food Service Staff, and Management. Assists Dietitians with monitoring of patients on NPO, Clear, Full Liquid diets and other restrictions. Orders special menu items from Cooks and Cold Prep. Maintains patient meal logs.
- Performs various duties in preparation for patient meal service. Ensures the tray cart is properly sanitized and stocked. Gathers and replenishes supplies as necessary. Prepares trays for delivery including but not limited to; placemat setting, wrapping of silverware, placement of condiments and garnishments, and floral table tents as applicable. Checks for accuracy and inclusion of all food and non–food items on patient trays. Assists coworkers with other duties as needed or assigned.
- Delivers patient trays as assigned, including regularly scheduled meals, snacks, floor supplies and NOW trays. Assists patients with proper positioning of food tray, reviews menu selections with patient and opening of items as necessary. Performs catering rounds immediately following tray delivery to ensure patient satisfaction and to provide any assistance as necessary. Retrieves all patient trays and delivers to the main kitchen. Cleans and restocks cart. Maintains and ensures proper sanitation of all work areas including unit kitchens (refrigerator, microwave, counters, cabinets and drawers). Checks and records refrigerator and freezer temperatures for assigned units. Communicates any problems with temperatures to management.
Required:High School education or equivalent.
Required:Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to perform multiple tasks under time constraints and constant interruption. Requires basic knowledge of unit weights and measures and basic mathematical functions. Ability to stoop and lift 30 pounds and push and pull 300 pounds. Ability to remain standing up for up to four consecutive hours. Ability to perform repetitive motions such as wrist turning, grasping, reaching, and bending.
Preferred:Prior experience in a patient care capacity strongly preferred.
Standards of Respect:https://media.glassdoor.com/l/26/64/da/8e/our-standards-of-respect.jpg“ />We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.