Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Awake Overnight Residential Counselor at our Worcester site.
Faith House is a 25-bed six-month residential treatment program that serves women in recovery from substance use disorder. The program provides a variety of rehabilitative services where a team of staff implement treatment plans based on the specific needs of persons served. Services include: substance use disorder treatment, mental health counseling, group therapy, domestic violence counseling, health education, parenting skills development, vocational training, and life skills training.
The Residential Counselor works with clients to assist in activities of daily living and foster a sense of safety in the program. The Residential Counselor runs evidence-based groups, completes required paperwork, and carries a caseload of clients to facilitate the implementation of their treatment plans. This position offers a wonderful opportunity to join a team that is dedicated to making a difference in providing treatment for women in recovery from addiction.
Benefits:Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualificationsHealth and Dental insurance (available upon starting)Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation timeCEU benefitsLife and Disability insurance401k with agency contributionWellness activity discountsWork related travel reimbursement
- Implement programming for residents on a consistent basis.
- Facilitate implementation of the treatment plan.
- Facilitation of groups, completion of daily paperwork including daily logs, group logs, session notes.
- Crisis intervention
- Provide transportation for clients
- Collaborate with providers
- Monitor residents' medication, refills, document medications and changes, provide safe storage and also assist while attending appointments
- Working with residents to maintain the residence on a daily basis including chores, grocery shopping/carrying groceries into the kitchen, bedroom upkeep, laundry to include carrying to and from washer/dryer, yard work, and other moderate housekeeping duties.
- Must be able pass required trainings including CPR and First Aid within 5 months of employment.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 5: Residential Counselor I: HSD/HiSet/GED or Associates degree required,
- Grade 6: Residential Counselor II:Requires a Bachelor's degree; preferably in the field of psychology or human services
- 2+ years experience in social services, the substance abuse field and/or working with program's population preferred
- Awake overnight staff must be able to remain awake and alert during the overnight shift to provide a safe and healthy environment for our clients and co-workers
- Current valid US-issued driver's license and ability to provide registered, inspected and insured automobile for work related purposes, including transporting clients in your own vehicle or a company vehicle
- Must be able to pass a CORI (Criminal Offender Background Check) and a DCF/CPS (Department of Families Adam Walsh/Child Protective Services background check)
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.