Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier is seeking a Specialist - Packaging Technology to support our North American location in Wooster, OH. They are responsible for all packaging development for the facility.
Key duties include but not limited to:
- Develop packaging specifications that are consistent with Schaeffler guidelines where appropriate and will integrate these specifications into the SAP system.
- Develop internal packaging instructions and BOMs for production that fully meet all internal and customer packaging requirements.
- Establish customer contacts at all ship-to-locations to identify requirements and address concerns.
- Address rust prevention and contamination issues through the implementation of cost effective standards.
- Work to reduce packaging expense through the reduction/elimination of expendable packaging material and recycling of such material where appropriate.
- Work to develop returnable packaging solutions for all domestic relationships with suppliers, sub-contractors, and customers that include Schaeffler Transmission, LLC., A/S Valley City.
- Develop packaging solutions to support one piece flow and MOVE initiatives.
- Develop and track expendable packaging budget and meet PCR budget goals
- Responsible for completing CIPs for SCM as needed
- Knows and understands the current specifications of the Quality Policy and Procedures, as well as the Safety and Environmental Policy and contributes to the achievement of the quality objectives.
Qualified candidates will have:
- BSME or ISME and 3 years of experience in package design & logistics in a manufacturing environment.
- Sedentary, ability to sit at a work station for extended periods.
Technical: SAP and SAP Packaging Control, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Database Management & Knowledge of Current Quality Specifications
Interpersonal: Communication, Verbal and Written
Organizational: Multi-tasking, Planning, Time Management
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans