This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We are looking for a Medical Courier (40 hours per week) in our Woodside, NY location.
Schedule: Wednesday - Sunday, 11:00am - 7:30am
Couriers are our front line representatives to our clients. They are responsible for pickup and delivery of medical specimens from clients along a specific route. Their professionalism, courtesy, and customer service skills along with excellent driving ability are essential to our ability to service our clients every day.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Drive a non-commercial vehicle throughout the shift on various roads and in varying weather conditions
- Safely transport lab specimens, medical records, hospital supplies, interoffice mail, and related material in a timely manner
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving behavior
- Operate a hand-held scanning device to accurately track items through the transportation cycle
- Strictly observe operating policies, procedures and service schedules
- Present a professional image to clients and the public through appearance and interaction
- Conduct pre/post trip vehicle inspections and maintain a clean, neat, and orderly vehicle
- A valid driver's license and clean driving history (No violations in the past year, No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months)
- Have at least 4 years of licensed driving experience and possess a valid driver's license issued in the state of residence
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, MVR and background check
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Relevant industry/driving experience
- Ability to determine efficient routing between multiple points
- Extended periods of driving
- Frequent standing, walking
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb stairwells
- Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 55 lbs
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.