Service Porter (Asst Service Advisor)
Join Murdock Chevrolet in Woods Cross; a great team and a high paced environment!
This position has various duties both inside and outside the Service Area focusing on customer service!
Learn to complete alignment checks, car washing, cleaning the service drive, and providing great customer service for all our service department guests!
Represent the Murdock Auto Team brand for various guest experience needs and inventory management tasks to help the organization stand in a league of our own in the automotive industry by delivering on our No Regrets promise through enthusiasm in service opportunities, guest experience, and continual innovation and growth.
- Communicates with the Service Manager, Assistant Service Manager, and Service Advisors to enthusiastically to complete various guest-centered needs in the service area: washing cars, moving guest's vehicles to the shop and around on the lot, minor snow removal in winter from vehicles an walks, preparing and cleaning vehicles when finished, and other basic needs around the dealership.
- Enthusiatically service customers and the care wash lanes treating each car with care. Drive vehicles through the automatic car washer, wipe the vehicle down, and do basic car wash tasks.
- Install floor mats and seat protectors in customer vehicles, conduct quick checks on vehicles per customer comments, conduct wheel alignment analysis' for potential alignments, and other services as directed by the Service Advisors and/or managers.
- Follow checklists and company processes to complete operational directions from managers; following company policies for safe management of vehicle keys when moving inventory around the lot for presentation purposes.
- Drive vehicle carefully to fuel vehicles, charge batteries, or move them to the Service department for other diagnosis and job completion reasons (as needed).
- Complete basic tasks as directed by Service Manager or other Managers; complete compliementary car washes, provide maintenance in guest area, pick up trash in all areas inside and outside of the Showroom, and safely monitor activities on the Lot.
- Enhances Murdock Auto Team's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different guest requests and other duties as assigned.
Proper operation of all vehicle types including commercial trucks, customer service, handling of jump-start units, teamwork, communication with managers, basic problem solving, and adaptability to change.
Experience And Education: Must be able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment. Must be a minimum of 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States with current driver's license.
Must be able to read and comprehend employee handbooks and other automotive materials. Ability to learn quickly and take direction from dealership leaders.
Experience in basic customer service skills preferred.
Previous experience cleaning and detailing cars/trucks preferred.