People who love driving and want to be paid to drive...
Murdock Chevrolet has a great Parts Driver position available for Part-time work!
Apply if you are dependable and teachable, have a good driving record, and can learn our system.
- Communicates with Parts Manager and other Parts co-workers enthusiastically to serve their needs: engaging guests with friendly demeanor; listening and planning daily delivery trips to meet the needs of the service department; timely completion of assigned tasks from Parts Manager; proactively planning delivery routes for high productivity; responding to inquiries; recommending productive methods of job completion based on experience.
- Completes assignments in the Parts Area to support the overall productive and profitability of the Parts Department, Service Department, and overall dealership performance as needed to help become more efficient in delivery.
- Understands motor vehicle operation and safe motor vehicle driving standards to uphold traffic laws; drive parts vehicle to pick-up and deliver parts as needed by the dealership with the upmost safe driving standards; use productive methods and roads without compromising safety; and completes work efficiently.
- Maintain an accurate log or update computer inventory system when orders are picked up or delivered; gather appropriate signatures as needed; verify that Parts truck is unloaded daily and all paperwork processed accurately when asked to drive for pickup/deliveries, and complete any other dealership processes.
- Keep the Parts vehicle in good working condition and report any concerns/issues that need to be repaired in a timely manner.
- Assists in pulling parts for customer orders as needed.
- Expedite urgent orders with a high sense of urgency to Service Area completion.
- Comply with direction provided from other dealership managers who serve on Murdock Auto Team management as directed.
Guest Experience Management, Computer Skills, Teamwork, People Skills, Safe Driving Record, vehicle Operation, Active Listening, Reading, Writing/Typing, Comprehension, Critical Thinking, and Social Perceptiveness.
Experience And Education:
High School diploma or GED. Ability to read and comprehend Parts numbers/manuals and technical features. Experience in an Automotive organization with proven background customer service and people skills. Excellent communication and time management skills.
Must have current driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle driving record. Must be able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment. Must be minimum of 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States.