Accountable for the implementation and delivery of HR products, services, and solutions to an assigned districts in support of activities to ensure HR service delivery excellence.
- Supports the HR and Talent Manager to deliver HR programs, services, and solutions.
- Accountable for identifying, prioritizing or responding to requests and issues resolution using company approved HR tools and techniques within established timelines.
- Provides support in various HR areas which may include new hire onboarding and assimilation, mergers and acquisition support, safety compliance and monitoring, performance and talent management programs deployment, and general team member education.
- Conducts training, coaching, and counseling in support of the deployment and early adoption of HQ or COE HR program roll-out. Ensures communication, training, and adoption of such deployments.
- Accountable for supporting the deployment of appropriate resources and tools into the field to optimize an environment where the workplace is free of all discrimination and harassment by proactively measuring employee engagement, turnover, and compliance with all applicable Federal, state, and/or municipal laws
- Supports the HR and Talent Manager in delivering development workshops.
- Provides support and coaching to store management positions as they create and act on their individual development plans. Supports succession planning, performance management, performance planning and other corporately driven talent management and OD/OE programs as directed by HR and Talent Manager
- Functions as the HR representative in conducting escalated employee investigations and collaborates with appropriate HR Shared Services team members. Escalates broader based issues to the roles immediate supervisor and/or the appropriate representative(s) within the HR Shared Services function on more complex issues
- Assists local leaders in talent acquisition activities for approved internship programs, campus recruiting, and, as needed, difficult to recruit roles, Also supports internal selection process for store/pharmacy management positions.
- Supports workforce planning initiatives for Market or Districts as directed by the HR and Talent Manager.
- Ensure that districts/stores maintain a work environment that is conducive to employee self-representation.
- Guides the escalation and resolution of HR questions, issues and requests to the appropriate channels (eg HR Service Center), by acting as a champion of the HR shared services delivery model
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As Americas most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors degree OR a High School Diploma / GED and at 3 three years of experience in Human Resources (any concentration).
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Experience delivering presentations and facilitating workshops to various audience levels within an organization.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification as a PHR or SPHR as granted by HRCI.
- Experience providing field support in a multi-site/location environment.
940 S FRONTAGE RD,STE 1900,WOODRIDGE,IL,60517-05033-00043-A