Administrative Clerk 1 - 1st Shift 7AM - 3:30PM Monday-Friday
RJW Transport, Inc. Woodridge, IL
Job Purpose: To accept and schedule customer orders to ensure customer satisfaction. To provide administrative support as required by personnel working in the Transport Operations Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enter customer orders and scan / index documents as required.
• Schedule the pick ups and delivery of customer loads.
• Properly document orders in computer and update customer contact information.
• Assign, consolidate and update local drivers to assist local dispatch in the dispatch system.
• Oversee local dedicated account billing and special hourly billing weekly.
• Enter called in order entries, emailed orders and scan back up orders in the system.
• Pull all hourly driver times and update daily in ADP.
• Enter broker orders received from LTL planner and scan all brokers and all back haul paperwork from Fleet Managers loads into system.
• Maintain communications with customers regarding changes in pick up an delivery schedules and potential service failures.
• Clearly understand goals, policies, and procedures of RJW.
• Communicate customer problems, leads, and inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
• Maintain confidentiality of company information.
• Recommend improvements and implement approved improvements.
• Update reports as required by operations manager and COO.
• Assist local dispatcher in update of Tee Cards.
• Back up for other clerical Transport person when on vacation or days off.
• Other tasks as assigned by manager.
• Positive telephone personality.
• Capable of being trained to be ‘Phone Assertive’.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Organizational and scheduling skills.
• Computer abilities including word processing, spreadsheet, and ability to learn application software used by RJW.
• Basic office clerical skills.
• Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
• 1 – 2 years of clerical experience.
• Basic transportation / logistics experience.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED) is preferred