Softrams is looking for an experienced and ambitious UX Designer with experience in the building engaging and user centric experiences for the browser. We focus on Healthcare solutions that reach a wide spectrum of users across United States. The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to build user experience strategy from the ground up, focusing on user to make accessing healthcare and health IT solutions a breeze.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
We at Softrams believe in agile repeatable processes, modern technologies, intuitive user interfaces, simple solutions, user-centric services that work for our clients and their customers. We emphasize clean, high-quality coding, continuous integration & testing, and automated deployments in scalable hosting environments. We believe in “fail fast” and transparency in our work. Softrams is committed to delivering continuous business value to our clients.
This role is based in our Woodlawn, MD office.
- Understand and appreciate concepts of UX that drive engagement and usability
- Believe in fast prototyping to to understand both expressed and latent needs
- Develop user journeys and site maps
- Conduct competitive analyses of best practices of UX
- Prepare customer analyses based on our target demographic and user transactions
- Coordinate with UX design team for feasibility for approaches
- Conduct usability tests and user experience testing
- Build style guides and branding guides for consistent user experience
- Preferred to have experience around usability and specifically building 508 compliant web applications
- Good to have working knowledge with Bootstrap or similar UX foundation frameworks
- Support UI and Development teams to realize the vision of the solution
- Be willing to participate in meetings with stakeholders and users to elicit product requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in leading the UX design in non-personal and non-freelance engagements
- Must be a resident of USA for at least 3 years
- Must be conversant with tools and best practices for UX design (Invision, Axure, Illustrator or any other similar tools)
- Must be able to demonstrate any previous work
- Must be willing to build a prototype to demonstrate experience with UX practices and toolset
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).