We are seeking a Release Train Engineer / Agile Coach to help evolve and integrate a new program for Federal Client.
This is a hybrid role that properly balances agile leadership and program management to help software development teams build and deliver solutions more efficiently. This position requires individuals who have previously been successful Scrum Masters and/or Agile Coaches on highly distributed teams, have led Agile/Scrum adoption in the past, and have experience in software delivery as well as those who can effectively drive and influence change
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the Agile Release Train (ART), escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement.
- Facilitate program events such as PI Planning, Inspect & Adapt, the Scrum of Scrums and the Portfolio leadership meetings.
- Ensure mission execution, lead and facilitate teams through development and delivery, guides the transition to and implementation of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), act as Agile Product Owner Sync and Scrum of Scrum Master, and act as an Agile and SAFe facilitator at the Portfolio, Program, and Team levels (Value level, as applied).
- Facilitate Release, Sprint and Kanban activities, Agile Release Train (ART) execution, and delivery of end-to-end value.
- Track and report the ART performance. Own the identified dependencies during the PI planning meeting. This ownership includes working closely with points of contact and facilitating inter group communication and dependency resolution.
- Resolve and/or escalate impediments to Leadership and Management as required. If an impediment is outside of a scrum master’s span of influence, the RTE shall collaborate with the proper point of contact to resolve or escalate the impediment.
- Should be skilled in coaching new Agile teams, cross- functional team members (Dev, QA, BA, Architecture), Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Product Managers in Lean Principles, Scrum/Kanban practices to achieve best practices.
- Should Provide a vision and strategy; coach and calibrate the team; enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- Should Identify, develop and execute strategies and supporting tactics to engage and influence stakeholders to make needed behavioral changes.
- Communicate projects' transformation progress via weekly updates to management highlighting successes, risks, areas of improvement, and suggested resolutions.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and training materials for Federal, contractor, and company teams.
- Minimum 4 years working in a pure Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, DevOps), with at least 2 years of actively coaching and transitioning teams, programs, and portfolios in SAFe environment.
- The individual must hold at least one Agile certification. This includes PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), SAFe Agilist (SA), or SAFe Program Consultant.
- Experience working with at least one the following Agile tools: ServiceNow Agile, CA Rally, JIRA, TFS, ALM, or VerionOne
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).