**There is some flexibility for remote work for this role but hired candidate should be open to coming to office or meetings as required**
Softrams is a rapidly growing small 8(a) and HUBZone business that provides innovative technical solutions to the Federal government. We are seeking a Proposal Coordinator with expertise in developing responses to Federal Procurements for complex IT Programs. This role is part of a collaborative and agile Business Development/Management team that works closely with our App Foundry (our idea lab) and development teams to deliver timely, high-quality, and competitive technical proposals. You will be responsible for the layout, formatting, design, and presentation of proposals, as well as significantly contributing to the writing of the responses.
In this key role, you will utilize experience reading and analyzing instructions, requirements and evaluation criteria of the opportunity (RFPs, RFQs, BPAs, IDIQs, RFIs), and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) that govern Federal contracting, to determine a compliant and compelling format for the response. You will need exceptional organization, grammar, proofreading, and spelling abilities and be able to work in a deadline-driven environment to complete the responses on time with a high-quality. You will also work to communicate the proposal requirements in various ways to technology partners and team members, including graphic layouts and Power Point presentations. You will either be developing a template for the proposal or ensuring that an established template is followed. You will also work with the proposal team to ensure that deadlines are met. You could be working on multiple proposals at the same time. Finally, you will be responsible for communicating the progress of proposals to Softrams’ management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct background research required for proposals, including potential budget, incumbent if applicable, likely competitors, and suitable partners.
- Complete large amounts of writing and editing; Edit and rewrite proposals, including creating templates and boilerplate text.
- Draft proposal portions such as executive summary, background, overview, technical approach, and cover letter.
- Execute consistent Softrams identity through document templates, letterhead, graphics, and logo usage.
- Analyze requirements and ensure that proposals meet quality standards and comply with detailed proposal requirements.
- Coordinate and maintain Softrams documentation efforts for responses to RFPs, RFIs, and other calls; Manage past performance citations, metrics, resumes, and proposal reuse materials’ libraries.
- Synthesize proposal materials into compliant, client-ready final package.
- Draft and maintain proposal milestones/schedule including win themes, review dates, kickoff meetings and due dates; Communicate across teams to get input and meet deadlines.
- Lead communication and development of proposal parts with various internal and external stakeholders throughout the team.
- Demonstrate exceptional presentation skills; prepare presentations and present information to partners and team.
- A bachelor's degree in a related area, such as English, communications, or marketing.
- Experience writing, and applying research and critical-thinking skills to proposal sections.
- Detail oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint) and Adobe tools (Acrobat and Illustrator).
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing responses to Federal opportunities (IDIQs, BPAs, RFQs, RFIs) including required sections (Technical Response/PWS, QASP, Conflict of Interest, Executive Summary, Management and Staffing).
- Broad knowledge of Healthcare, Medicare & Medicaid systems and data is a plus.
- Experience in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) proposal development or policy analysis projects a strong plus.
- This role is primarily for assistance with the technical portion of proposals, but experience in the pricing and business volume is also a plus.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint) and Adobe tools (Acrobat and Illustrator).
- Excellent written and spoken communication, time management, social awareness, attention to detail, critical and analytical thinking, and problem solving are required.
- Knowledge of the pieces required in a well-developed response to drive the proposal process with Softrams and technology partner staff. This position has significant room for advancement, and we expect the successful candidate to assume larger amounts of technical proposal development over time.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).