Quickbooks Smart Money platform one of Intuit's fastest growing business units, is looking for Sr. Software Engineers to design and develop innovative money movement products and platform. If you are passionate about building world-class money movement, fraud, risk and compliance platform to delight customers, this is the opportunity for you!
You will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of one or more subsystems within our Smart Money platform. You will need to effectively collaborate with and influence other engineers, architects, and managers to solve complex problems. Comfortably move between understanding customer needs and solving customer problems through modifications of various levels of technical designs, implementation and testing. You will be involved in delivering functionality for requirements, high-level designs, influencing significant portions of the architecture, detailed designs and code implementation of features and supporting process improvement initiatives.
- S in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- 5+ years' experience developing large service based OLTP applications with high volume and high-reliability requirements
- Strong understanding of system capacity, system performance, and system security and data privacy needs
- Experience with RESTFul WebServices using Jersey, CXF and/or other frameworks
- Significant exposure in Spring Boot applications and using Spring Framework
- Strong experience with Object Orientated design and programming
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge and experience with Java/JEE design patterns
- Experience with SOA (service-oriented architectures), relational database object persistence, middleware, and enterprise specifications for common business objects.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
- Ability to use seasoned judgment to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Desirable Skills and Experiences:
- Server experience with JEE application server, preferably Tomcat and JBoss
- Serverless experience with AWS Lambdas
- Experience with business rules engines such as Drools
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS
- Experience with Cassandra or other No-SQL databases
- Experience with CI-CD and build tools like Gradle, Maven
- Experience in financial services industry, or similar, with focus on payment processing.