VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and Europe's largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products - it's an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company - it's a Volkswagen thing.
Volkswagen of America is setting up a flagship program to drive strong performance throughout the dealer network. The individual appointed to this role will be responsible for the roll out of the program in their Sales Region. This includes identifying suitable dealerships, working closely with field personnel and dealer coaches as well as coordinating support from other region based resources to deliver a 10% improvement in dealership sales vs. control set.
The approach will include rigorous planning and KPI tracking and high impact interventions focused on dealership management, team performance and process. This role will be integral in supporting the set-up and integration of KPIs as well as supporting the Dealers with the set-up of relevant tools and systems. This role represents an outstanding opportunity for someone to impact significantly on the performance of the company and help shape the future of our dealer network.
- Regional lead for implementation and execution of Dealer Sales Improvement Program
- Manage vendor partner coaches and contract analyst including the recruitment, development and mentoring of team members
- Work in close alignment with Region Director of Sales Operations, Sales Operations Managers (SOMs) and other region personnel
Program Development & Integration
- Work with corporate team, SOMs and dealer coaches to support the development of modules and integrate these into field force visit cycle
- Support identification of methodology and metrics for optimal selection of participating markets and dealers
- Support the preparation of launch materials
- Work with SOMs to on-board dealers and ensure optimal team and coach integration into dealer network
- Provide leadership to dealership partners. Actively visit dealerships on the program to participate in program activity and ensure buy-in and collaboration from dealership management.
- Work closely with regional leadership (RVP / DRSO) to ensure program is fully integrated into regional activity, supports regional goals and drives the right sales leadership behaviors through the regional team
- Work with Marketing, CPO, Aftersales and VCI to ensure co-ordination across resource from Shift Digital, CPO field team, Aftersales coaching and VCI BDMs and coordinate training activities as necessary
- Work with regional leadership, HR and Academy to ensure program is fully integrated into regional and field force team development. Work with corporate team to develop high impact training and coaching events for field team.
- Responsible for setting, tracking and reporting of project KPIs
- Develop tacking mechanisms for dealers and markets in alignment with corporate program management
- Assess performance for each Dealer through in-depth Business & Financial analysis
- Identify trends and implement appropriate program modules to improve overall dealership performance
- Support development of dealer communication documentation
- Responsible for communications with dealer throughout program period. The correspondence will include: Objectives & progress vs. objectives & progress (or lack of) against all measures.
- Consistently communicate the progress of each dealer to both dealers & VW stakeholders.
Years of Relevant Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience needed with 5 years being automotive experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
- Master's degree
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including listening and oral and written presentation of ideas
- Analytical skills
- Conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex information
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills, ability to multitask, ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities
- Solid work ethic with desire to contribute to achieving team goals and revenue targets.
- Resource management
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- People relationship management
- Change Management
- Strong leadership skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate on multiple cross-functional teams
- Computer savvy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong ability to leverage past experience in evaluating processes (Sales, Field & Dealer Operations)
- Experience with Project Management
- Driving and Reporting Overall Progress
Specialized Skills Required:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in automotive industry in a sales, finance, strategic, and business development capacity incl. dealer contact experience in Region/Field level positions
- Knowledge of automotive industry: competitive environment, industry trends & structure, retail operations & financial structure
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees (direct and indirect) to achieve Volkswagen business objectives
- Proven success in leading a team of professionals in achieving rigorous sales & profit objectives
- Experienced in developing strong, positive working relations
- Ability to communicate status to all VW stakeholders in a timely & concise manner
- Competency in Project Management and Dealer Performance Benchmarking
- 3 years of Process Improvement experience in both dealer facing and corporate environments
- PMP Certification
- Experience with vendor management
- Experience working in a dealership
- Travel time approx. 60%
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.