Mid-Level Network/Systems Engineer
(W2 Full time only, no c2c or third party inquiries please)
Salient CRGT is seeking a Mid-Level Network Engineer to support the HHS Application Hosting Program network infrastructure for physical and virtual servers in Reston, and Woodbridge, VA.
We are looking for a team-oriented individual with good verbal and written communication skills, knowledgeable and experienced with Cisco and Juniper switch and router configurations in an enterprise environment. Work shift is normal business hours with on-call and occasional off-hour support.
- Provide switch and router configuration support to a Cisco and Juniper network infrastructure supporting 50+ application teams.
- Support the internal team and application used to support the HHS systems maintained within the environment.
- Maintain infrastructure at a 99.99+ service level.
- Cross-train in Windows and/or Linux administration.
Technologies Used: RemedyForce or Service Now, Confluence, Visio, SolarWinds, Avamar or Commvault, Tripwire, LogRhythm, Cisco and Juniper Hardware, Lumension, VMWare, and AWS Cloud.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Bachelor's with 2 - 5 years (or commensurate experience), including:
- Enterprise level experience as a Network Engineer.
- Experience with configuration of switches and routers.
- Experience working in a high paced environment with a ticket-based reporting system.
- Experience performing troubleshooting switch, router and firewall issues.
- Experience providing support for the internal team members for Network related issues.
- Familiarity with network requirements for Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience implementing performance tuning in conjunction with capacity planning and monitoring groups.
- Experience administering and maintaining local accounts in the network environment.
- Experience with system configurations documented within the environment.
- Experience installing new hardware and software within the network.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Experience with applicable tools to monitor systems on the network and recommend solutions to optimize performance
- Knowledge and support of industry specific standards and best practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Background Investigation: All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance. U.S. citizenship is also required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract for this particular position.
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- AWS Cloud environment experience or training
- Experience installing security patches to Cisco and/or Juniper devices.
- Familiarity with Entrust Access system.
- Cisco Firewall configuration experience.
- Work with VMWare, deploying machines, troubleshooting issues and maintaining machine templates.
- Support Application developers/vendors in the development of new systems or application updates.
- Administer, Troubleshoot and Upgrade Symantec Endpoint Protection and Sophos.
- VMWare Admin experience.
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.