Will provide comprehensive finance support to organization. Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: Responsible for preparing invoices, journal entries, reports, gathering supporting documentation and tracking revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review billing and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements.
- Obtain appropriate supporting documentation and approvals for processing of payment or invoicing as required; perform calculations to determine appropriate processing schedules and amounts, and make modifications as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members in the department to research and retrieve accounting data; maintain relationships with other departments to research and acquire backup as required.
- Create daily and monthly reports regarding cash position, account analysis, and revenue status.
- Backup for daily and weekly revenue projections; able to analyze problems and suggest possible solutions.
- Develop and maintain process documentation and appropriate metrics for these processes.
- Generate and analyze cash reports and aging reports and identify open items and establish contact with customer/vendor to resolve aging issues.
- Responsible for Financial Analysis to include: revenue forecasting analysis, financial schedules, spend plans, preparation of journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with management on budgets, deliverables to Corporate and external auditors on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completeswork in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitudeand strong work energy
- Strong judgment and decision making
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oraland written communication skills
- Time management: ability to organize and managemultiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
- Analytical skills: must be able to gatherinformation and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline from an accredited college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- One (1) to three (3) years of Accounting or Finance experience.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and be able to make sound business decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and financial/accounting software experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills. Must have planning and financial analysis problem solving skills.
- Must work well independently, provide accurate and consistent documentation and analysis.
- Prior Government Contracting experience.
- Wide Area Workflow and My Invoice knowledge.
- Government contracting software knowledge.
- Prior Government Contracting accounts receivable experience
- The physical demands andwork environment characteristics described here are representative of thosethat must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functionsof this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties ofthis job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach andmove about the facility. The environmental characteristic for this position isan office setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional businessenvironment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, PTO, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth. Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please click “Apply Online“ at the bottom of the page.