Title: Research Associate
OPKO Diagnostics LLC is a division of OPKO Health, Inc., a publicly traded healthcare company involved in the discovery, development, and commercialization of proprietary pharmaceutical products, and diagnostic technologies. OPKO Diagnostics is based in Woburn, MA, where we are developing assays for a Point-of-Care diagnostic test system for use in physician offices (Claros®), and proprietary diagnostics tests for CLIA-certified laboratories (4Kscore®).
We are looking for a Research Associate with interest and experience in commercial product development for IVD immunoassays. The candidate will contribute to assay development activities on OPKO's proprietary microfluidic cassette/platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan, perform, and document product development activities, including immunoreagent development, immunoassay optimization, and analytical/clinical studies
- Troubleshoot experiments, consult literature and actively propose/pursue solutions
- Characterize biological reagents, write and validate SOP, train and tech-transfer to QC and manufacturing teams
- Work closely with supervisor to meet project deliverables in a timely manner
- Operation of commercial IVD instrument and perform classic ELISA assays
- Hands-on experience with biochemistry laboratory tasks, familiarity with immunoassays is a plus
- Strong Biosafety Level 2 laboratory experience required; must be willing to handle human whole-blood, plasma and/or serum samples
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills along with strong written and oral communication skills required
- BS/MS in biology, biochemistry, bioengineering, chemistry, or other science/engineering field.
We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes:
401(k) Plan with Company Match
Paid Time Off
Excellent Medical and Dental Plans
Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
Ability to work in the US without sponsorship is required.