Requisition Number: MAINT06129
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
- Follow all safety rules.
- Complete needed maintenance of building and grounds as required. This includes but is not limited to light bulb replacement, plumbing problems, minor electrical problems, etc.
- Repair equipment and machinery as directed.
- Assist other mechanics/technicians in implementing preventative maintenance plans.
- Perform required equipment inspections on mobile equipment, cranes, etc. as directed.
- Assist in diagnosing of equipment failures and assist in corrective maintenance.
- Participate with the entire FORTERRA team to create a safe, productive working environment.
- Must be willing to do other duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be able to follow specific instructions.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures.
- Must have compliment of tools necessary for routine maintenance tasks.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a desire to participate in the overall effort to keep all operations running smoothly.
- Must value preventative maintenance programs.
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical terminology.
- Must have the ability to do light welding and use an acetylene/oxygen torch.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra Building Products is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.