Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Why You Want this Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job:
You enjoy working in a fast paced, safety driven workplace and seeking a job that allows you to:
- Work on a variety diesel heavy construction equipment
- Leverage your skills while developing new skills
- Work with incredible team of people in a safety conscious culture
You are driven to go the extra mile even if it requires overtime work outside of your regularly scheduled hours to make it happen for a customer.
You desire a challenging Heavy Equipment Mechanic role:
- Supporting the General Tool team’s mission of building success for customers by ensuring equipment is operating properly and available when needed
- Being empowered to leverage Sunbelt’s Safety & Performance Standards while inspecting, diagnosing and repairing related heavy construction equipment
What You Won’t Be Doing:
- Suffering from boredom in a job without career growth opportunity
What it Takes to be Successful:
Education or experience that prepares you for success
- 1+ years
- Certification or degree from accredited diesel trade program preferred
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities you may rely on
- Strong hydraulic and electrical skills
- Ability to shift between repairs depending on changes in priorities
- Effective computer and communication skills
- Ability to perform essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. The physical demands of this role require team members to bend, squat, crouch and/or reach and lift 50 pounds or more, when required by the job. It may require driving for long periods of time, loading and unloading heavy equipment, performing work in extreme weather conditions including rain, wind or excessive temperatures and/or night and weekend work.
Other Helpful Skills:
- Bi-lingual (Spanish or other), which may be preferred in some locations
The above description is not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to comply with ADA/ADAAA
Sunbelt Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer — Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class
Related or ancillary experience may include: Shop Mechanic, Mechanic 1, Mechanic 2, Mechanic 3, Mechanic I, Mechanic II, Mechanic III, Technician 1, Technician 2, Technician 3, Technician I, Technician II, Technician III Service Foreman, Service Manager, Shop Manager, Mechanic Supervisor, Technician Supervisor, Lead Mechanic, Lead Technician, Diesel Technician, Diesel Mechanic, Service Technician, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician, Hydraulic Mechanic
Gear up for an exciting career!