At ACI-Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone's life better! Join our Foster Care Team in providing quality, person-centered supports to foster parents and the children in their care.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- · Demonstrates competence in State and Federal standards for Therapeutic/Foster Care Services, licensing rules
- · Assist with recruiting qualified foster parents and staff necessary to meet the needs of the youth served.
- · Assists with ensuring Foster Parents and assigned staff complete and maintain all training requirements.
- · Provides pre-service and ongoing training to foster parents to ensure parents possess skills necessary to provide quality services to the youth being served.
- · Serves as liaison to DSS, DMH and other community agencies regarding any service planning issues and needs of and services to youth being served in Therapeutic/Foster Care program.
- · Processes requests for services by conducting intakes, obtaining/completing necessary assessments, completing social histories, obtaining consents, and collecting documentation for the determination of appropriate placement and services for youth referred to program.
- · Writes, coordinates, implements, and monitors person-centered service plans and ensures quality care of youth being served.
- · Serves as advocate for the youth in care and participates in the interdisciplinary team process in the development of the Person Centered Service Plan
- · Ensures service authorizations are current and provides necessary updates to authorizing authorities in timely manner as requested and/or required for service approval.
- · Provides mediation between the youth and the foster parents, guardians, natural family members, and other agencies relative to the needs and desires identified by the team.
- · Establishes and maintains files for youth receiving foster care services and ensures all required documentation in individual case files is completed in a timely manner
- · Assists with the transfer of youth to other services or terminates services when current placement is no longer deemed necessary or appropriate.
- · Assists in accessing community resources identified for the youth and foster parents.
- · Assists foster parents, and/or assigned staff develop mediation and intervention strategies and implement them to resolve conflicts.
- · Foster Care licensing experience is a plus.
- · Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must meet the minimum requirements for QP qualification:
- a graduate of a college or university with a Master's degree in a human service field and has one year of full-time accumulated mh/dd/sa experience with the population served, or a substance abuse professional who has one year of full-time, post-graduate degree accumulated supervised experience in alcoholism and drug abuse counseling; OR
- a graduate of a college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a human service field and has two years of full-time accumulated mh/dd/sa experience with the population served, or a substance abuse professional who has two years of full-time, post-bachelor's degree accumulated supervised experience in alcoholism and drug abuse counseling; OR
- a graduate of a college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a non-related field must have a minimum of four years full-time experience working with the population served
- At least two years of experience working with at-risk youth or youth in foster care are required.
- Must possess a valid NC driver's license, an acceptable driving record, current automobile insurance and registration, and an acceptable criminal background.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Family Foster and Foster Care licensing process required.
- Proven ability with the development of Person Centered Service Plans which incorporates the choices, strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences and defines the goals and services needed to assist in meeting the goals of individuals served.
- 401(k) plan available
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Group insurance benefits
- Employee referral bonus program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer