Nature and Scope
The Divisional Director of Clinical Services will be responsible for planning and directing clinical services, operations, and quality improvement practices within assigned communities. Specific responsibilities include monitoring delivery of care, clinical programs, clinical practice, and quality of life programs. Will conduct and provide support services in accordance with residents' needs, federal and state regulations, OBRA requirements, and Company policies and procedures. Maintain excellent service quality, promote high occupancy, and support the financial goals within established budgetary guidelines.
Divisional Community Support Services
- Provide clinical and operational support to an assigned division in coordination with each executive director, ADO and DVPO.
- Identify clinical/compliance challenges and provide a team approach to address in coordination with the executive director (ED), ADO and RVPO.
- Coordinate and facilitate training and support to new or existing directors of residential services in conjunction with the executive director (ED), ADO and RVPO.
- Support new and existing executive directors (ED) on clinical operations in coordination with the ADO and DVPO.
- Follow up on all quality assurance reports, local monitoring reports and regulatory issues.
- Lead a plan to correct deficiencies and coordinate efforts with the ED, ADO and DVPO.
- Coordinate and/or participate and conduct mock surveys and compliance audits.
- Provide and/or coordinate onsite support during state surveys.
- Provide and/or coordinate CPR/FA classes within division.
- Provide onsite training and support for new ED's and other leadership positions.
- Provide and/or coordinate regional continuing education classes.
- Conduct medication pass observations to ensure proper technique while following medication administration guidelines and infection control practices.
- Provide recommendations for focus trainings based on mock surveys and compliance audits.
- Provide weekly reports to the DVPO's and copy Senior VP of Clinical Services.
- Participates in quarterly regional meetings.
- Ensure safety of residents, their visitors and staff regarding Infection Control, Fire, and Safety policies and procedures.
- Review pending/denied PCS hours.
- Serve as a support member of the community's Q and A Committee and assure quarterly Q and A audits completed thoroughly and honestly.
- Conduct routine inspections of services being provided to ensure highest quality and provide reports to ED's, ADO's, DVPO's and SVPCS. (CVC/checklist)
- Provide oversight and follow-up on MatrixCare, Falls Program, and Clinical Indicators to ensure 100% compliance.
- Review and make recommendations on Plans of Correction, legal letters and all other documents submitted to the state regulatory
- Maintain knowledge of state regulations and ensure compliance with surveys and other regulatory agencies.
- Supports residential programming and provide recommendations
- Actively researches, develops and makes recommendations on appropriate niche programming that reflects and meets the needs of residents and families.
Community Staffing and Retention
- Promote a harmonious working relationship and partner with each assigned community to increase employee retention.
- Ensure training and support services are provided in a timely manner in coordination with DVPO.
- Supports and promotes employee morale, maintaining high level of team spirit and unit cohesion. Ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies. Works with team to reduce turnover.
- Assist with support of community business functions as assigned.
- DDCS will provide support, guidance, education and direction in coordination with ED's, ADO's and DVPO's.
Sales, Marketing and Revenue
- Support community sales and marketing personnel to ensure optimum occupancy, revenue and profitability for the community.
- Foster a culture that supports all community staff to participate in the internal and external sales process.
- Support and encourage participation with all aspects of the Matrix marketing and care systems.
- Provide oversight and make recommendations for at-risk residents to maintain occupancy.
- Maintain positive relationships with state regulators, the community at large, families and residents on behalf of the community and the Company.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents' rights.
- Attend training sessions as directed.
- Follow and communicate company policies and procedures.
- The job description provides a framework for the job; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Managing and Measuring
- Drive for Results
- Managing Through Systems
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Agility
Minimum eligibility requirements
- RN license required.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, related field, and or equivalent combination of education and experience in long term care preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years in a retirement, nursing home, or assisted living industry preferred with extensive clinical operational knowledge.
- Must be knowledgeable of local and state regulatory requirements and the evolving industry challenges.
- Prefer previous experience, license and/or certification as an executive director.
- Ability to provide guidance, education and support as a mentor and/or preceptor to new executive directors and other leaderships roles within the organization.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community and state officials/surveyors, hospitals and general public.
- Must review and analyze regulatory documents, assist with developing plan of corrections and plans of protections.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- High energy levels and tolerance of tight deadlines, time pressures, and ambiguity
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Core Values and Founding Principles.
- Must review quality assurance and any other control reports and ensure challenges are addressed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications.
- Experience with financial reporting, managing multiple budgets, and develop plan of actions to address variances
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to attend required training and meetings.