Have you been wondering about how you can put your metallurgy knowledge to practical use? Or looking for an outlet for your passion of melting metals? We need Apprentice Welders to lend their highly sought-after skills to our clients. As an Apprentice Welder, you will assist Journeyman welders by using hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components.
Welders pick the materials to join or cut and arrange them in an appropriate configuration before following a specific design or blueprint to build the desired product. Sometimes you will have to perform specific melting methods on materials like lead bars to complete a project. Welders are also in charge of making structural repairs, ensuring the integrity of the welding equipment is intact, and smoothing and polishing the metal surfaces once welded together. As this position annually generates more demand than supply, we can say without a hitch that we need your talents. Are you ready to lend them to us?
- Unloading and bringing materials to the jobsite
- Setting up welding leads and grounds
- Using one or more specific welding methods
- Studying blueprints or project specifications in addition to calculating the dimensions of the parts being welded
- Measuring and cutting weld material to desired lengths with a torch or electric saw
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments
- Determining necessary equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Assisting Journeyman with laying out, positioning, and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
Qualifications & Experience
- One year of experience in welding preferred
- Reliable transportation to and from jobsites
- Verifiable references to confirm your professional skills and experience
- Able to focus on details at all times
- Take pride in your strong work ethic, positive mindset, and desire to improve
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly in order to load and unload materials as well as carry needed tools to and from the jobsite
- Enrolled, or about to be enrolled, in an apprenticeship course or taking welding classes at a local college
- Able to withstand varying inside and/or outside temperatures, which may include heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees), in addition to fumes, odors, dusts, and gases
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work. Apply to join us today.
Hutchinson MN 3418
Location: 720 Century Ave. SW, Suite 106 Hutchinson, MN
Phone Number: 320.244.2139