Requisition Number: MAINT02514
Maintains, services and performs repairs on equipment to ensure proper operation of production equipment and electrical systems. Candidates will need to have a working knowledge or the ability to learn: hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, fabrication, industrial electrical applications, and other skillsets associated with maintaining and repairing different kinds of Poultry equipment.
Dependability in attendance and flexible work schedules are crucial to ensure preventative maintenance is completed while the plant is not processing. Weekend work is occasionally required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must have at least 1-year’ experience in Industrial Maintenance
- Candidate must have own tools.
- Ability to read schematics, as-built drawings, and P&ID Drawings.
- Ability to read, and clearly understand, instructions for a broad range of mechanical, electronic, electrical, manual, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Excellent attendance record, safety record, and work habits.
- Able to work well with all departments.
- Able to work various shifts and work weekends/ overtime as needed.
- Formal maintenance training preferred; OJT and additional schooling will be provided for candidates with the right qualifications.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Ability to work unsupervised and self-motivated.
- Sound work ethic, honesty, and moral character.
- Basic math functions and skills.
- Wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, if applicable.
- Ability to work full shift in a stationary position or travel on wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces for up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and varying light intensity.
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment as needed (Occasional heavy lifting over 80 pounds, frequent lifting up to 25 pounds)
- Bending, twisting, lifting, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and/or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Case Farms is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Case Farms participates in the E-Verify system and uses tools made available by the federal government to confirm employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process.