Maintains Distribution Center (DC) facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer's recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Works with Master Maintenance Technician to perform preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance on high-tech automated equipment.
- Maintains a safe work environment by documenting and correcting potential safety issues concerning material-handling equipment or distribution center facility.
- Associate's degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology AND at least 2 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment OR at least 4 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors.
- At least 6 months experience with Programmable Logic Controller (PLC )logic principles.
- At least 6 months experience uploading and downloading Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), System Control Software (SCSs), and scanners.
- At least 6 months experience with electronics such as photo sensors, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), remote Input/Output modules (I/Os), servo drives, and variable frequency drives.
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation.