As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
We are looking for a Training Specialist to work in Service Center Training Department at our Windsor, CT office. The Training Specialist will possess training experience and Financial Services experience.
- Assess training needs, design, deliver and measure impact of training for business partners. Lead training projects for enterprise business-specific initiatives.
- Assist in onboarding and coaching Training Specialists on facilitation & training design.
- Works with business partners to solve problems that impact training of employees.
Provide formal coaching to staff and business partners with pre-identified objectives and measurable outcomes Design curriculum, job aids, and manuals to meet training outcomes as defined by needs assessment
- Develop and implement interactive, engaging, learner-focused instruction for new hires and existing employees.
- Facilitate classroom or virtual training for a variety of needs, such as new hire orientations, job skills (technical) training, and product rollouts.
- Encourage and enhance participation, facilitate discussion, and keep learners focused by managing timing and pace.
- Collaborate with business partners to create training solutions and appropriate evaluations of skills and knowledge transfer.
- Manage classroom performance and report back to business partners on a weekly basis.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of products, departmental processes, and operational systems.
- Manage session logistics including access to systems and platforms, build out training content for training databases, create Instructor Led Training modules and sessions within the Learning Center.
- Design and facilitate departmental training and other customized programs utilizing a systematic internal consulting process
- Follow up with customers to assess further needs and outcomes of training
- Facilitate communication among employees and management
- Facilitate process design sessions with business partners and leaders
- Identify and implement industry best practices
- Oversee and lead updates to all material in core curriculums on an annual basis
- Be able to deliver training for multiple functions and business lines across the organization
- Drive strategy in project execution by managing sub-project deliverables around process design, training design, delivery, and measurement
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of financial Services experience with classroom and virtual facilitation as well as instructional design.
- Enjoys new experiences and challenges. We need people who look forward to seeing others 'get it' when learning truly takes place.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Builds strong relationships with leaders and business partners at all levels in the organization.
- Seeks continued professional development and has openness to coaching.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.