REPORTS TO: Service Manager
Cashiers can be under a lot of pressure during busy shifts. It is important that you are always pleasant and efficient. Remember to smile and always THANK the customer. Cashiers are under the direct supervision of the Service Manager. Duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ability to maintain Mary’s score cards standards
- Ensure customers are not on hold for more than sixty seconds
- Ensure all phone calls are answered within two rings.
- Demonstrate Mary’s suggestive selling techniques
- Demonstrate Mary’s Upbeat Personality Philosophy
- Ability to listen and understand the customers needs
- Adhere to all Mary’s Dress Code Standards
- Follow all Cash, Credit, House Charge and/or Check Transactions procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Greet guests the moment they enter the restaurant with a friendly upbeat demeanor
- Must have full knowledge of specials and soup of the day
- Knowledge of Togo/Delivery and catering menus; know how items are prepared; know ingredients in all menu items
- Excellent phone etiquette; repeat all orders to ensure order is correct
- Ensure food prepared for guest is in agreement to what the customer ordered prior to serving
- Follow Mary’s Suggestive Selling Techniques
- Follow all Alcohol and Beverage Laws (if under 18 you are not allowed to serve any alcoholic beverages)
- Follow all Cash, Credit, House Charge and/or Check Transactions procedures. Important: Once payment is received it is the Cashier, Server or Drivers responsibility to settle the transaction(s) immediately upon returning to their work station. Holding onto unsettled transactions until later in the shift will be considered improper cash handling and subject to disciplinary action.
- Follow all safety and health guidelines
- Follow all clean up and pre shift procedures related to your position