With a focus on providing customer satisfaction, the deli cook is responsible for preparing deli breakfast, lunch and dinner salads, entrees, side dishes and desserts.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Preparing deli menu items to deli or company recipes and specifications.
- The preparation and cooking of deli menu items, which includes items like fried chicken and fried foods, roasting chickens, salads prepared on premise, sandwiches, and ready to eat meal items.
- Proportioning and plating deli menu items.
- Actively working with deli manager to constantly improve product offerings.
- Monitoring and understanding the importance product pricing, and signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly sales counter, work production and work storage areas.
- Rotating deli product ingredients as necessary to ensure product quality and safety.
- Merchandising, slicing and weighing prepared deli meats and cheeses.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer's satisfaction.
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Applicants for this position must be at least 18 years old.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time;
This description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Employer provides reasonable accommodations to a qualified employee that does not impose an undue hardship on the employer.