Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent's advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Quality Control Analyst – 2nd Shift
The Quality Control Analyst reports to the Quality Control Supervisor
Catalent's QC Analytical Chemist is a junior level position for individuals who use their understanding of science to perform the basic and critical experimental work of day-to-day analysis, including generation and analysis of data. Their work is “hands on“ in an analytical lab and requires analytical testing, computer operating, record keeping, and report writing abilities. This position performs the quality testing needed for raw material, in-process, finished goods, stability, and cleaning validation analysis.
Catalent's Winchester location is the flagship US manufacturing location for large scale complex controlled release (CR) oral dose forms, with integrated analytical and development services. With 20 years of expertise in product development, technology transfers and commercial manufacturing, and roots in industry leading Glatt technology. This site offers newly installed Fluid Beds, expanded analytical labs, and an advanced open facility design that provides flexibility in supporting the requirements of any new customer program.
The 2nd Shift Pattern: Mon-Friday, 3:00 pm- 11:30 pm.
- Perform efficient/reliable/high quality analytical testing in accordance with USP/NF/EP/JP/FCC/etc. or customer supplied guidelines. Typical testing may include Dissolution, Titration, Polarimetry, Loss on Drying, Viscosity, Residue on Ignition, Heavy Metal Content, FTIR, HPLC, and GC, etc.
- Maintain accurate written records of all analysis performed.
- General knowledge of the use and operation of basic laboratory equipment.
- Data entry
- Inspection of products, test results, and appropriately maintaining computerized documentation of required information.
- Laboratory Procedures
- Safely perform testing required by position.
- Knowledge of and proper use of equipment.
- Safely handling chemicals and compounds.
- Regular cleaning of lab space as required.
- Coordination with other laboratory associates for maintaining safe environment
- Assisting with other personnel with lifting of liquid containers and all objects of greater than 50 lbs.
- Maintaining clean environment for laboratory operations.
- Use of and safe handling of glass canisters, chemicals, and other required equipment.
- Coordination in a laboratory setting
- Operating safely in a dynamic environment which includes mobile and fixed equipment and changing conditions while completing job tasks that range from simple to complex and/or multi-tasking.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or Life Sciences (Preferred in Chemistry).
- Work Experience – 0 to 5 Years in a Quality, Laboratory, Clinical or Chemical Manufacturing role (including internships or co-op experience).
- Must be flexible to working 2nd Shifts
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Basic knowledge of lab safety and the ability to work safely with chemicals of varying potency.
- General computer literacy including use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Accurate testing on the first attempt under pressure of production details.
- Works cross-functionally and receives exposure to several departments
- Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 10% Shift Differential for 2nd Shift
- 19 days of paid time off annually• 7 paid holidays
Leadership Competencies for Performance and Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone's safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.