South Western Railway are looking for professional, customer-focused individuals to join our team.
The purpose of the role is to provide a safe environment whilst delivering excellent customer service at all times seeking opportunities to enhance the customers experience at the station. To ensure that customers are extended a welcome to the station, providing pro-active assistance and information to customers on and off trains and throughout the station.
- Ensure your personal safety and that of others, including that of visitors and contractors, at all times.
- Comply with the Rules as defined in Network Rail Group Standard, South Western Railway Employee Handbook, other regulations and Instructions, Group Standards and Legislation, undertaking periodic re-examination of competency.
- Provide a safe, courteous and helpful service at all times.
- Provide a safe, clean and well presented customer environment, ensuring that the tasks detailed in the cleaning schedules are maintained.
- Undertake emergency procedures and implement evacuation procedures when required.
- Carry out duties as directed by Duty Station Manager and/or Station Supervisor.
- Ensure the safe and punctual dispatch of trains and ensure that performance records are maintained. Identify and report to your Duty Station Manager incidents of delays to services.
- Wear uniform (including name badge) and safety clothing as supplied, ensuring that your standard of appearance complies with the company standard and is high at all times.
- Maintain security of the station premises during your booked time of attendance.
- Act impartially in accordance with RSP/TSA requirements when serving customers.
- Carry out Winter Precautions as per Local Instructions.
- Additional tasks as specified by the local manager and Station Supervisor.
Working 20 hours per week.
Monday - Friday 15:30-19:30
This role requires a high level of customer service. Uniform and personal grooming must be of a high standard. The ability to provide a pro-active, polite and friendly service even when working under pressure in times of service disruption is essential.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong customer focus
Applicants who require a visa, must have at least 6 months remaining at the time of their appointment.
Please Note: For new entrants to South Western Railway, training for this position will be up to 4 weeks on a full time basis, without exception. Please ensure you are able to commit to this before applying.