GENERAL DESCRIPTION – PURPOSE OF ROLE: This position will manage the procurement and sourcing of raw materials in assigned categories and assume a leadership role in ensuring internal processes and procedures related to entire raw material portfolio. This involves maintaining relationship with vendors, contracting, ensuring on time/in spec delivery, market analysis and price negotiations. It also includes development and maintenance of raw material processes and procedures for the entire raw portfolio. The key focus will be to ensure supply of assigned materials according to strategy and building efficiency and consistency in internal processes related to raw materials. This position will be a manager of people.
• Leads general procurement processes related to all raw materials and gains internal buy-in from all stakeholders. This includes budget development and tracking, ensuring demand visibility, price and volume reconciliations with manufacturing sites and developing visibility to financial impact of change to all raw material requirements.
• Leads the development, implementation and alignment of sourcing strategies and supplier network capability and capacity for assigned materials.
• Develops and executes procurement strategies for assigned materials to meet business requirements in accordance to latest and strategic forecasts. This includes financial analysis and reporting, supplier and contract management and reporting.
• Lead and support holistic margin management initiatives to help drive segment growth and quality while optimizing cost structures.
• Ensures the company’s ability to execute daily material ordering, deployment and invoice reconciliation processes to meet business production requirements in accordance with latest demand forecasts.
• Coordinates timelines, inventories and transitions during material changes so as to minimize transition costs, without impact to CSLs. Creates visibility to financial impact of such changes.
• Analyzes material market dynamics/ trends and price environment in order to manage price risk in accordance with Company Risk Management Policies
• Negotiates and oversees contract and follows up on deliveries through completion
• Creates, measures and communicates supplier performance metrics to improve service and reduce costs.
• Engages in reviews with suppliers and internal/external stakeholders based on total cost and works to optimize this total cost and drive productivity savings.
• Works with suppliers and internal stakeholders on development of new materials, products or services to optimize opportunity.
• Minimizes and communicate any service related issues to all internal stakeholders.
• Minimum 7-10 years in procurement experience.
• 7 years in direct raw material buying, contract negotiations and supplier management
• Must be able to work in an environment with free-roaming companion pets.
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
• Inter-personal communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
• Leadership skills
• Market Analysis skills
• Negotiation skills
• Knowledge of purchasing principles, practices, methods and procedures used in CPG procurement.
• Project and performance management, analytical, planning and problem solving skills.
• Financial analysis experience
• Pet Parent preferred