Maintenance Technician II
Pay Region: Clackamas County
Rate of Pay: $19.00-25.00
Schedule: Mon-Thur (8am-4pm)
Hours: 30 - Part-Time Plus
Properties: Renaissance Court / Rain Garden
Property Type: HUD/Tax Credit
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, PTO, 11 Paid Holidays, Short- & Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program. Accident/Cancer Plan, Medical and Dependent Care Flex Benefit
* Salary is typically hired between minimum and midpoint of salary range depending on experience and any rent benefit adjustments.
Cascade Management, Inc. and its principals began providing property and asset management services in 1974. We continue to manage the majority of properties from our original portfolio, which has grown substantially over time. Through our growth, the commitment to our properties, owners and employees remains fundamental to our values.
Cascade Management’s Service Model is the foundation of everything we do and is expected to be upheld every day you come to work. Our Service Model represents the most important behaviors and actions to ensure a stakeholder interaction is positive every time. As an integral part of the Cascade team, all members are expected to carry out our Service Model of Friendly, Helpful, Knowledgeable, Respectful, and Responsive.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician II will help in keeping the buildings and grounds in a clean, orderly, and safe condition. The
position will help with verifying that the buildings in good repair by performing the following duties: maintain building by
performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, janitorial, routine appliance upkeep, and other related maintenance
activities when required. Ensure that all repairs are handled in a timely and appropriate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain building by performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, janitorial, routine appliance upkeep, and
other related maintenance activities when required. *
2. Ensure that all repairs are handled in a timely and appropriate manner. *
3. Initiate, perform, and oversee maintenance projects up to $300; PM approval needed for anything more than
4. Work with Community Manager on anticipated maintenance needs. *
5. Pick up trash on grounds. Keep breezeways, sidewalks, and grounds clear of clutter and debris. Ability to rake,
shovel, prune, and maintain all landscaping. This may include the need to repair fences and/or walls. *
6. Maintain all sidewalks and parking lots, including painting lines, numbers, and/or other stencils as needed. *
7. Clean and turnover vacant apartments to include all actions necessary to make the apartment rent-ready for the
next tenant within 5-10 days. *
8. Schedule and conduct pre- move out inspections and reporting. Accurately cost out any repairs that may be
needed and supply an estimate for expected cost to the resident for completion. *
9. Regularly check smoke detectors to ensure proper operation, change appliance filters, check air handlers, and
perform other inspections when directed or required.
10. Requisition supplies; purchase tools and equipment (subject to supervisor approval); keep storeroom/shop
clean, safe, and organized. *
11. Prepare and complete maintenance requests and work orders within 3-5 working days. Update Property
Maintenance Log daily *
12. Perform regular preventative maintenance inspections of all units. *
13. Notify the Community Manager of safety-related issues and lease agreement violations. *
14. Respond promptly to after-hours calls and complete necessary repairs. *
15. Perform other duties as assigned*
Qualifications and Physical Demands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
3-5 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of experience in a trade such as electrical, plumbing and
painting or technical school. Associate degree (A. A.) preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations
Valid Driver’s License and insurance is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Ability to problem solve, and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exist. Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move
50-75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Ability to use a hand truck to move appliances.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Cascade requires that in this Maintenance position, the employees supply their own tools to perform maintenance work
at work sites. A list of required tools to perform the basic maintenance functions of the job description must be able to be
obtain within 60 days of employment.